This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band Pit Failure

This is probably a little off of the theme of the site but have to post this. I just came from a concert done by a band barely seen in the US which has an amazing show. Only way to describe the show is epic, awesome, and fire.

Well for this show in my city I got to watch one of the failures of the pit. For those not in the rock know the pit is the area in front of the stage where its just standing room no seats.

Now this band does a lot with the pit and the crowd in general. So they ask for participation by singing parts of lyrics and chanting or clapping.

Now I know the band is not English as a native language, but if you are a fan of the band would you at least know part of the song to be able to call it out? Or perhaps know that when someone is mouthing and signaling to you that you are to say something? This group of people in the pit just did not get it.

There was an opening DJ to the show that would get the crowd riled up but whenever he would stand at the front of the stage, have the phrase needed to be said blaring through the speakers, and mouthing the words the pit would only cheer and scream. Multiple times the DJ had to shake his head (at least 3 times) and signal again to get the crowd at least to say the band name. But as soon as the DJ stopped the crowd would stop.

Now me and my friend were trying to rally the seating areas but as soon as we started chanting the pit would stop and the quiet would slowly stop the rest of the crowd from doing so even if its needed.

Continuing onwards from that faux pas. There is a part in the show where the keyboardist gets a life raft and rides it around the pit. Only by the people carrying him. Amazing when you see it done right, But for this pit it seemed to elude them what to do. Even of the rider is POINTING! in the direction he wants to go. Mutiple times the keyboardist would point or motion to turn him around and go, but instead the pit just brought him probably a foot or two from the front of the pit, turned him around, then brought him back. He had to get back on stage to shrug and walk off without what he was wanting to do for that set. Was annoying as hell to be in the seating area and waving or yelling for what to be done.

At another time the band had a catwalk that would bridge between the main stage and the secondary. Of course in typical drunk fashion someone thought that they could climb onto this catwalk. So from the pit people lifted these morons upwards to grab the edge of the walkway. Security stopped one from continuing on and being lowered down. Though, another actually grabbed onto the underside of the catwalk and had to have a security employee come onto the catwalk and bash onto his arm and hands to get him to drop off, think that was perfect and he deserved that treatment for that. Bravo.

Sorry for the long post just angered me. If there were fans there they would at least know the refrains of the songs to sing back at the band. Even then if they were not avid fans they would see that the man in the raft wants to go THIS way and not to the opposite!

Otherwise this was the concert of my lifetime and only another by them could be anywhere near as amazing. I just hope they come through my city again.

Quoth FrancisWyvern View Post
    I just came from a concert done by a band barely seen in the US which has an amazing show.
    I've seen them twice now, last one (may 4th, in Chicago), there were two ejections BEFORE the DJ even started. Epic show though(I was three feet from the "small stage" and have some great pics of Richard and Flake), except for the two late 50s concertgoers that were ahead of me, they were doing some form of "interpretative dance" that I would call "flailing around like epileptic monkeys on meth", until the female of the pair stepped on my foot....which resulted in my spouse grabbing and restraining me so all I could do was the "I will end you" glare, which appeared to properly terrify* them into quietly enjoying the show without disturbing anyone else's enjoyment further(they kept knocking into people who were getting pissed but did nothing.

*seriously, when she saw me, she was backing away slowly with her hand over her mouth in sheer horror. I'm all of 5'5" and 150# of muscle, wearing silver doc martin's, jeans, and a bright pink jacket, and one of the concert hats, spouse is 6'2" 130# and 100% german(he could easily be Flake's twin).
    Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 05-19-2012, 02:03 PM.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

You must be discussing Rammstein
      Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
        You must be discussing Rammstein
        LOL obviously

I absolutely LOVE the angel wings Til used during Engel for the finale
        I saw it last November in NYC. I was thrilled when they announced they would come back for a few more concerts, to give more people a chance to see them.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

O.O

i just .. such fail, such epic fail T^T

Comment

It looks like they put on a good show. Too bad the pit sucked so bad.

Comment

I totally read "Brad Pitt Failure" the first few times I skimmed across the thread page.

I was gonna say, uh yeah, that's pretty much so 7 years ago.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                I totally read "Brad Pitt Failure" the first few times I skimmed across the thread page.
                Glad to know I'm not the only one...

Comment

Working...
                X