This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a baby!

A friend of mine owns a restaurant. For seven months now, his restaurant has had a special offer. Keep that in mind - seven months. In other words, people have had seven months to take advantage of it.

The offer expired today, and people were rushing frantically to take advantage of it before it expired. In my view, waiting until the last day isn't a great idea. Others thought differently. It was one of those Internet offers, where you pay online, print out a voucher, and bring it in. Simple, right?

Wrong. A woman came in asking if she could use her voucher. My friend told her that, unfortunately, they were swamped with orders and dine-ins, and he couldn't do anything for her.

Well. A man came in a few minutes later, asking to talk to the manager, the owner, etc. My friend didn't admit that he is the owner, and I didn't say anything either. This guy was American, and he thought that he was somehow owed something because he couldn't use his voucher.

Oh, and the voucher? It was a gift. He didn't pay a cent for it. But he kept harping on the fact that "money was spent" (not your money), and he wanted the voucher extended so he could use it.

My friend asked to see the voucher. The guy produced it. My friend pointed out the clause, in English, which stated clearly that if the voucher cannot be used, the money will be refunded.

You would think this would, at least, mollify the fussy little bitch, who wasn't even spending his own money anyway. But no! (as John Belushi used to say), he talked about "crappy business" and how he "wouldn't come to this restaurant again."

"Good," I said, under my breath, as Fussy Little Bitch left.

The restaurant is closing anyway. Today's the last day.

Oh, and where The Bitch left with nothing, I scored two main dishes, a side of rice, and some spring rolls that a customer ordered yesterday, but never picked up.

Quoth Eireann View Post
    Oh, and the voucher? It was a gift. He didn't pay a cent for it. But he kept harping on the fact that "money was spent" (not your money), and he wanted the voucher extended so he could use it.

The restaurant is closing anyway. Today's the last day.
    All the more reason to extend the expiration of the voucher. Let him try using it at a closed restaurant.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
      The offer expired today, and people were rushing frantically to take advantage of it before it expired. In my view, waiting until the last day isn't a great idea. Others thought differently. It was one of those Internet offers, where you pay online, print out a voucher, and bring it in. Simple, right?

Wrong. A woman came in asking if she could use her voucher. My friend told her that, unfortunately, they were swamped with orders and dine-ins, and he couldn't do anything for her.
      Um, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't quite understand why that lady was told she couldn't use her voucher on the day it was expiring. The same as all the other people were doing apparently?
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

They were just too busy; many takeout orders, many dine-in. They were being run off their feet as it was, and couldn't take any extra business.

Comment

Oh, I get it. Maximum capacity.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yes, exactly. It was a small restaurant, and all the tables were full. I was sitting at the bar, and mildly surprised that nobody had reserved that, too. All I had in the restaurant was a few glasses of water; my friend was running his ass off.

Comment

Working...
            X