This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They ain't making them any saner

As the weather has turned nicer, my coworkers and I have been taking our breaks and lunches outside. I think we may need to rethink this.

First, on our fifteen-minute break, some old fart decided to play Surgeon General and lecture my co-workers that cigarette smoking is Bad For Them, and instead they should go with electronic cigarettes, which he pulled out of his pocket to show us.

He further mentioned they could be obtained at the swamp, in our cigarette section. Yeah, sure. We haven't sold cigarettes in years.

Then, on lunch, we see some guy turn the corner and then turn back and yell at somebody. Who he's yelling at is anybody's guess. Then he tries to engage me in conversation. "How long have you been working here?"

I tell him "Too fucking long" and look away hoping he gets the hint not to talk to me any more. But then later he launches into a series of remarks about:

- how he was in the swamp, and used the restroom, and it was dirty and smelly, so he asked somebody at the service desk to look at it.
    - The service desk person didn't move fast enough, so he figured he'd tell us if he was our manager, he'd sit in his office and eat, or play on his phone, and things would still get done because we get things done. Or something. I dunno; he was either crazy or high on something other than life.
    - He used to work at Walmart for a couple months.
    - Apparently, while working at Walmart, he took some girl's panties off. Clothing hangers were part of this monologue. Or something. I'm sure I'm misinterpreting this, but remember, this guy is nuts and/or high.

An attractive young woman walks across the parking lot on her way into one of the stores in the strip mall; probably Dollar Tree. He whistles loudly at her and lets out an "Owwwwwww!" She pays him no attention. Not long after this, he finally leaves.

Both of these conversations were made longer than they needed to be by one of my co-workers, who's too friendly for her own good and will talk to anybody about anything. A guy could walk past carrying a mason jar full of greenish-brown liquid and identifying himself as being from the Al Qaeda Terrorist Puppy Kickers, and she'd ask him everything about his terrorist sect and eventually wind up agreeing to be his lookout while he does whatever he's going to do with the greenish-brown liquid. My other co-worker told her to stop talking to these people, and a fight nearly broke out. Too friendly co-worker said "I'll talk to whoever I want to!"

Whatev. It's her shallow grave in somebody's crawl space.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I think you should give a copy of The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers. It does a good job of explaining why it is wise to avoid strangers without being graphic, and uses 'bad apples' as an example about why you can't tell who is bad or good byjust looking at them.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      I think you should give a copy of The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers. It does a good job of explaining why it is wise to avoid strangers without being graphic, and uses 'bad apples' as an example about why you can't tell who is bad or good byjust looking at them.
      I think they should just tell her about Ted Bundy.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well, there is that too.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
        X