This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kennedy Space Center: "That rule doesn't apply to me, only everyone else."

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Kennedy Space Center in beautiful Cape Canaveral, Florida. It was a perfect way to end a week of hard work at the job, and I was really looking forward to it.

My favorite thing to do is the bus tour. I also love hearing the drivers when they narrate the trip, and give you a history of what is happening. Before leaving, the driver always says to everyone to please keep their voices down during the narration in order for everyone else to hear. Well, some asshole always has to decide that the rule does not apply to him, so we had to deal with this. Keep in mind, this guy was about three rows behind us, but very loud.

KSCBD: Kennendy Space Center Bus Driver
    SC: You know who

KSCBD: We are now passing by the Vehicle Assembly Building. The flag painted on the building......

SC: See there, son? That's the VAB, where the space shuttle and other rockets go to be worked on and.....

KSCBD: Now, this is a fifty story building that......

SC: And other there is one of the platforms they use to move the shuttle out. Can you imagine that, bud? It takes several hours......

KSCBD: On the property, they occasionally have problems with alligators. If you look in the ditch to our right, you can see......

SC: Oh! Look, Brian! That's a huge alligator! Yeah, they are all over the place.....

By now, many of us near this asshole have missed half of the narration, because all we can hear is him talking louder than the driver. I've seen the tour before, but the kids have not. I later on had to explain again what we had seen so they could understand it all.

The tour has three stops, so after you are done at one, you can board another bus to continue. Just as we were about to go, the loud talking asshole and his son were about to board the same bus. That was when we decided to wait for the next bus to come. We really wanted to hear the other tours without him talking over the narrations.

No one wanted to speak up as this guy also had arms that were almost half a foot in diameter, with tatoos all over them. Still, just because they look tough, you would think they would have some manners.

I think that was what the SC was counting on-people too intimidated to tell him to shut up.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post

No one wanted to speak up as this guy also had arms that were almost half a foot in diameter, with tatoos all over them. Still, just because they look tough, you would think they would have some manners.
      Who needs manners when you can beat up anybody who tries to instill them in you?

I agree with Bright Star. Guy figured nobody would have the guts to tell him to shut his cakehole.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have to admit, when out and in my wheelchair I have a blast with those kind of sucktomers ... it may be ok to be seen intimidating or beating up on a guy, but a chick in a wheelchair not so much I have gotten a lot more vocal in calling out sucktomers in the last year or so because I am spending more time in the chair [although a canadian crutch makes a 4 foot long tonfa]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Special!

This tour only!

Alligator feeding!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            ... [although a canadian crutch makes a 4 foot long tonfa]
            Would that 'twere true...

My wife has two of those crutches, a walker, a wheelchair, and a scooter. Yet the only time people seem to even notice her is after they've knocked her onto the ground...

<Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. I'd love to take that tour sometime...>
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I'm a big guy and talk rather loudly when excited, sometimes for no reason at all.
              I tend to do it more often when I loose 50% of my hearing to nasty chronic ear infections
              Maybe the guy did not realise how loud he was.
              If someone pointed it out and he kept up yeah he sucks.

Comment

Working...
              X