This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You shall not pass!

Sighting from one of Hubby's CWs. He works as a security guard at a gated community.

So, woman pulls up to the guard shack. She's a guest, and the resident has called her in and put her on the guest list. Over the course of checking her in, Hubby's CW finds out she's renting the place for the weekend. This is a no-no. It's against da rules. So Hubby's CW tells her she needs to keep this hush-hush, and makes a note (presumably to notify the resident when they return that they can't do this).

A while later, another woman pulls up to the guard shack. She's a friend of the first woman. However, (1) second woman is not on the guest list, and (B) the first woman, not being an actual resident, has no authority to call her in. So Hubby's CW explains that only the resident can put someone on the list, so she'd have to call her friend, who would have to call the actual homeowner, who would have to call the guard shack in order to have the second woman on the list.

The first woman apparently couldn't get in touch with the homeowner, so the second woman parked outside the gate, and the two left to go hang out somewhere. After they returned, the second woman got into her car and left.

The first woman pulled up to the guard shack to be let back in, and said "Well, thank you for ruining my night!" She then proceeded to call Hubby's CW an asshole, as well as a few other choice words.

A few other bonus sightings

Hubby's truck is, unfortunately, broken down at work. He's parked near the guard shack. So I was up there today, and got to see a few gems.

There was a bit of a line-up at the visitor's gate (it was a popular day for guests, I suppose). I overhear "Look at that guy. He's just on the phone! What's his problem?"

I see that the person making the statement is someone waiting in line. I look at the guard shack and see that the guard is on the phone, meaning either (1) someone called the guard shack or (2) he's calling a resident because the person at the gate isn't on the list. He still seemed to be in the process of checking the person at the gate in, though. Either way, it clearly wasn't a personal call.

So to the guy making the smart-ass comments, be patient you douche!

----

A short while later, I saw a member pull up to the member's gate. This gate uses a barcode reader that doesn't always like to read the barcode. The member pulled up, the gate arm didn't go up, and the member started to flip the f*** out inside his vehicle. The security guard was checking in a guest, but still had the gate arm up within seconds as soon as he saw the member. We're talking less than ten seconds from when the gate arm should have gone up to when the guard hit the button. I was thinking to the member in the car Dude, chill!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    The first woman pulled up to the guard shack to be let back in, and said "Well, thank you for ruining my night!" She then proceeded to call Hubby's CW an asshole, as well as a few other choice words.
    ...whereupon he decided to rescind his earlier rulebending & kicked her the fuck out?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Ah yes, the ol' "Ruined my night!" Speech,

Given to tow truck drivers who tow your for illegal parking,

Cops who bust up your loud parties and tell you you can't dance in the street,

Cashiers who won't sell you booze without your ID,

If only we'd all just leave you alone and stop pestering you to not break the rules/law, why , you'd have a spectacular night every night..... a durn shame
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Ah yes, the ol' "Ruined my night!" Speech,

Given to tow truck drivers who tow your for illegal parking,

Cops who bust up your loud parties and tell you you can't dance in the street,

Cashiers who won't sell you booze without your ID,

If only we'd all just leave you alone and stop pestering you to not break the rules/law, why , you'd have a spectacular night every night..... a durn shame
        Everything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          What was the second woman then? Her booty call for the evening?
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

That's the guard's job.

To ruin the night of rule breakers that want to get inside.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Everything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
              Or all three at once.

As for the "thank you for ruining my night," the only proper response is, of course, "you're welcome!"
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X