This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot at Airport gets Owned

I'll flying off on my summer hols soon and we started discussing idiots we come across. This is one which has always stuck in my mind depsite being relatively small and a few years ago.

I'm at the airport nice and early for check-in long before check-in opens. This airport check-in has two identical desks, with two seperate but otherwise identical lines. the rope barriers clearly seperating the two.

So i'm stood in the right hand line, and as soon as the desk becomes free, an elderly gentleman, practicly leaps forward from the left hand line to my desk. leaving his wife to follow behind with 2 suitcases & 2 lots of hand-luggage. The check-in girl, looks at me, obviously expecting me to kick off but i just shrugged and gestured for her to continue.

2 hours later i get on the plane, and who do i see in the back row, with the non-reclining seats but the queue jumpers, obviously the check-in girl assigned the worst seats to them possible, as the only form of justice she could dish out.

That was a good start to a holiday.

Justice, you gotta love it

Comment

Oh gods! Those seats are the absolute worst. I got stuck in one of those on my flight from Orlando to Baltimore. Not cause I pissed off the ticket counter person but cause I was on standby. My original flight was canceled due to snow and I spent the night in Orlando's airport. The next morning I go to the ticket counter and try to get a flight into Baltimore ASAP. The first available flight was in two days and had a layover in Cincinnati, I believe, but the amazing lady at the ticket counter put me on standby to several flights that day. The first flight I was on standby for I got on and was stuck in that awful back corner with no reclining seat and no window. *shudders*
      Ack. Sorry. Didn't mean to threadjack.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Reminds me of a post I read about a guy selling tickets at the door to an even in an arena. Some guy treated him like shit and demanded the best seats at the lowest price. The guy sold him the tickets but he also pulled the tickets for all the surrounding seats and made sure they went to the more...special...patrons.

The guy got great seats but he was completely surrounded by the loudest, drunkest, smelliest most obnoxious people you would ever have the displeasure of encountering in public.
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
          Reminds me of a post I read about a guy selling tickets at the door to an even in an arena. Some guy treated him like shit and demanded the best seats at the lowest price. The guy sold him the tickets but he also pulled the tickets for all the surrounding seats and made sure they went to the more...special...patrons.

The guy got great seats but he was completely surrounded by the loudest, drunkest, smelliest most obnoxious people you would ever have the displeasure of encountering in public.
          Karma at its finest!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
          X