This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go ahead,don't talk to me.

i believe this goes here. its about an employee who works for the same company, but different store than me. i don't think this would count as sucky co-worker, but if so, my apologies in advance.

Today, i went into another Walgreens, one i do not work at. i needed baby formula, which is locked up. i looked all over the store, and couldn't find an employee who wasn't with another customer. no big deal. ill wait.

as im walking back tothe formula case, i see an employee walk out from the back room. ive seen her before, and when i was in the store working for a week last year, she was there and worked with me. i don't think she recognized me though. i go down the aisle to her to ask her for help. i approach her, and i stop as though i want to ask her something. as im about to ask, she just keeps on walking by. she doesn't make ANY eye contact, and no hello. yes, i should have said something, but seeing as how she made no eye contact and didn't say hello(which, at walgreens, if you don't do, you can get into a lot of trouble becaues that would fail a secret shopper)i thought maybe she was helping another customer, or was on break.

so she walks right by me, to go to some totes to start putting away merchandise. she wasn't helping anybody else. she just ignored me. i walk up to her, and ask if she could call somebody tothe formula case. she looks at, and then walks away. didn't say another word. i went to the formula case to wait. she walks over withe key. i point to the one i needed and told her i need two. she opens it up, grabs one, hands it to me, and grabs te other one, and tries to give it tome. it started slippiong out of my hand before she let go, so she got a tighter grip on it, and then slammed it into my hand. she then walks away without saying a word.

i was mad. she didn't need to ignore me like that. so i went and told the manager, who i know since we've worked together at two other stores. i toild him what happened, but before i could tell him how she slammed the thing into my hand, he was already upset with her. according to him, this is the SECOND complaint about her in two days. he said that yesterday, a customer asked her where something was, and she kicked at the product and said there, and walked away. at least she said 'there' to her.

i know i should have said something to her when she walked past me the first time, but i do not apprieciate her ignoring me.

What a bitch.............while retail employees should not be expected to do cartwheels and jump high buildings for customers, she was just plain RUDE. There was no excuse for her to treat you like that. If she was in such a mood where she couldn't deal with people, she shouldn't have been at work.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

She (gasp) didn't have a SMILE IN HER AISLE? well, holy crap!
      They lock up the formula at that store? Wierd. Ours is all out on the shelf, with the exception of the special order stuff we get in for some people.

I did have to deal with a customer complaint about someone in the front of the store who kept hanging up on this particular customer, so she finally just called back to us and unloaded with both barrels. Jeebus.

Comment

Oh! Huzzy! I woulda/had to have called her a huzzy. It's called a 'job' for a reason. If you don't like it or not happy doing that job, QUIT, for the love of god. There are other jobs. Errgh. Ppl like that really really irk me.

Something like this happend to my husband and me at the beach. Went to a supposedly popular local restaurant. It was only 11:30 in the a.m. and had just opened for the day. There were maybe 5 or 6 cars in the lot, and NO ONE in the smoking section when we walked in. Literally. We walk in, really looking forward to buying a nice juicy steak. The hostess seats us 5 tables away from her station. We're directly across from the bar, the bartender looks up at us and gets back to work. We sit. We wait and wait and wait. I turn around, look back at the hostess, who by this time is talking to a waitress and manager SITTING in a booth. None of them pay any attention to us at all. Honestly-those 2 were sitting at a table 4 tables away from us. Directly across from the hostess station. NOBODY looked at us, came to us, said they'd be right with us, drink orders--nothing. We waited for 30 minutes and NO ONE came to us. We got up, starved by that time, started walking to the door, I looked over at the manager and waitress sitting in the booth-neither one of them looked up or asked why we were leaving. It was like the Twilight Zone or something. Were we real? Invisible maybe? Hmm. Maybe we both dreamt we went into the restaurant. Who knows?

People. Gotta love 'em!
        I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.

http://www.myspace.com/ha_ha_im_back

Comment

i know AFPhoenix!!! she certainly didn't "Surprise" me..... i know she wasn't horrible or anything, but annoying nonetheless.

by the way, for those of you who have no idea what we mean by 'She (gasp) didn't have a SMILE IN HER AISLE?',and ' she didn't Surprise me', at Walgreens, we have the Seven Service Basics that ALL employees are expected to follow. they are:

1.Nobody waits at walgreens.(real easy. make no customer wait)
          2.In your aisle, gets a smile(make sure every customer gets a smile if they are in tghe same aisle as you)
          3.It's no problem(take care of every customer as though you were having the same problem,and don't push them off to other coworkers)
          4.The phones for you(make sure the phone is picked up by the third ringand don't leave on hold for more than a minute)
          5.Company's coming(keep store clean like you do when you have company coming to your own home)
          6.See you soon(say somethng nice t make sure they come back as customers)
          7. Surprise!(go out of your way to make sure customers are happy)

and no..i don't have them memorized like i am supposed to.i had to look them up on the website(MODS:i put them in my own words and didn't copy and paste them from the website. if you need to check just in case, go to walgreens.com, and search seven service basics.)

Comment

There was a surprise - she was surprisingly rude!

Out of curiosity, why's the baby formula locked up? Don't tell me the local meth-heads have figured out a way to make meth out of that! A former co-worker of mine, who was a former meth-head/maker told me that the old hillbilly heroin had several different recipes - so far. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that there was one involving baby formula and hot sauce.
            Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
            - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
              Out of curiosity, why's the baby formula locked up?
              It's horrifically expensive, so it's either locked up or stolen.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

It's expensive, and it's not used to make meth, but it is often cut in with coke to add bulk.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I remember WIC orders at the grocery store, and the prices may have changed, because this was a few years ago, but a reguar sized jar of formula was $13 (the kind that WIC covered). WHY is that?
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Ljt09863 View Post

1.Nobody waits at walgreens.

5.Company's coming(keep store clean like you do when you have company coming to your own home)
                    1. I don't think even Walgreens has the budget to hire enough staff for that!

5. errr....I think the store is probably cleaner than my house! I've mentioned before, I have 6 dogs and 3 cats. Anybody who wants to come over is welcome, but is pre-warned that the house is NOT immaculate. I, and my menagerie, live here!
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

When I was reading that sign in the breakroom yesterday, I was wondering the same thing, I have 3 boys, 20, 14 and 12 around the house with a hubby and 2 cats. My house may be clean, but definatly cluttered, and full of boys in and out all day with skate boards and bikes, video games, and whateverelse they leave around. My store is much neater than my house. I dont think that cooperate would like a store in the condition that my house gets at times.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                        I remember WIC orders at the grocery store, and the prices may have changed, because this was a few years ago, but a reguar sized jar of formula was $13 (the kind that WIC covered). WHY is that?

that would be because the only competition is free-due to the attitude towards breastfeeding in this country-too many see it as the only way to feed a baby. And the main ingredients in it are waste products from the cheese industry-that if not sold to the pharmacutical companies that make it-it's sold to pig farmers.

two good books on the subject:
                        the politics of breastfeeding
                        Milk, money, and madness
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Wow. She was sucky. Almost makes me want to go there and see if she can get a third complaint.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Due to various feeding problems, some babies are prescribed specific formulas to make digestion easier or provide specific nourishment. Due to the insane prices of them (I've seen relatively small cans go for $25), WIC helps out. With WIC, it's not a one-size-fits-all type of thing. The programs are tailored for each family's needs....especially with an infant.
                            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Locked-up Formula

No place around here locks up formula, but when you buy it, you are limited to a certain amount, and you have to provide a photo ID and sign a ledger.
                              The reason for this is that druggies use certain brands of formula to 'cut' either coke or heroin, also known as "stepping on it." you can extend a kilogram of dope to a kilo and a half, thus increasing your take by a whole bunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X