This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting - anonymous complaint

So, in an early morning fit of pique, I did a semi-sucky anonymous complaint to my local fast food McPlace. They had a website addy on the receipt, and a place for comments, or to contact the manager. I chose not to put in real contact info (but at least I wasn't a jerk about it - just put noone at nowhere.com) I'm really introverted, and I don't want them to contact me, with real or insincere attempts to placate me. I'm not looking for compensation or drama. Just fix the problem!

The problem: no biscuits at 6:10 in the morning
    Note: They are a 24 hour location - used to be just the drive thru, but now the lobby is open 24/7.

The suck: my comment said {after explaining the problem} "This is a 24 hour store - what the heck were they doing all night??"

Hopefully not TOO sucky. I was cranky because I'd been awake for 2 hours (ongoing insomnia problem) and had really gotten my hopes up for a sausage biscuit with egg. Then I was flustered to make a quick decision on a replacement, and ordered the wrong thing. I didn't discover that until I got to work. Meh, it was edible. Just not what I wanted.

Confession over - what is my penance?
    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

What was the excuse given at the store for not having biscuits?

It is my understanding that McPlace doesn't bake their own buscuits, buns, or bagels... So it wouldn't be a matter of what was the lazy staff doing all night, but what manager can't order enough for a 24 hour store.

Comment

It's possible they were ordered, but there was an issue with the supplier. Happens to us sometimes. One time the mngr ordered pretzels 3 weeks in a row and they weren't available for some reason, and then all of a sudden we had to find room for 6 boxes. I used my sales skills to move pretzels, let me tell ya.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
        What was the excuse given at the store for not having biscuits?

It is my understanding that McPlace doesn't bake their own buscuits, buns, or bagels... So it wouldn't be a matter of what was the lazy staff doing all night, but what manager can't order enough for a 24 hour store.
        They didn't give an excuse. Or an apology.

And, they don't make their own biscuits?? Bastages!! I thought they tasted stale all the time because they nuked the life out of them when reheating premade sammiches. They're probably premade in a sweatshop in one of the Carolinas or something

Damn, I wish the Hardee's was closer to my commute route. I think they still make them from scratch, in-house. Maybe?

Comment

Ha! Chick-Fil-A says their biscuits are freshly baked (might be pre-made and frozen) and they have sausage - I thought they just had chicken or bacon. Hey Ronald - AMF!

{the downside is they open a little too late for me - I'm usually almost at work by the time they open }

Comment

IMO, you weren't really sucky. A place serving breakfast, and known for their biscuits, should have biscuits at that time of morning unless something very unusual has happened. And if something very unusual has happened, you should be offered at least a brief explanation such as "sorry, the delivery is late".

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              IMO, you weren't really sucky. A place serving breakfast, and known for their biscuits, should have biscuits at that time of morning unless something very unusual has happened. And if something very unusual has happened, you should be offered at least a brief explanation such as "sorry, the delivery is late".
              Yes, this. Lemme tell ya something that happens where I work. The cafeteria buy these cheapy salt & pepper shakers, prefilled, to put out on the tables. Periodically they run out. Now why, I ask myself, does a place run out of something that basic? Don't they keep count of how many they have, how many are out on the tables, and perhaps how full the the shakers are, so they can have some idea of when they need to re-order?

Apparently not, because this keeps happening.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post

Damn, I wish the Hardee's was closer to my commute route. I think they still make them from scratch, in-house. Maybe?

Why yes, they do. There really is nothing better than a Hardees biscuit. I worked there for four years and I still love those biscuits.

Oh and I just remembered a problem my poor dad had. He likes to get the biscuits and gravy from Arby's. Well, one day he went there to get one for him and one for my brother. This was at like 9am, with breakfast ending at 10:30. Well, they only had one biscuit left and asked my dad if he wanted one to be gravy on a croissant or something. He was annoyed but things happen, right. Next time same thing happens. It got to the point that he just started asking if they have biscuits before he orders anything.
                Last edited by agirlfromnowhere; 07-07-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                  They didn't give an excuse. Or an apology.

And, they don't make their own biscuits?? Bastages!! I thought they tasted stale all the time because they nuked the life out of them when reheating premade sammiches. They're probably premade in a sweatshop in one of the Carolinas or something

Hey now! We don't have "sweatshops" in the Carolinas, we have "air conditioning challenged" shops

Comment

Simply having a complaint doesn't make you sucky. If you had thrown your coffee at the drive thru person while demanding compensation worth more than the building the restaraunt was in, then you'd have been sucky

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
                      Simply having a complaint doesn't make you sucky. If you had thrown your coffee at the drive thru person while demanding compensation worth more than the building the restaraunt was in, then you'd have been sucky
                      This. This. This. You weren't an asshole.

But we can still figure out a penance for you, if you'd like.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        This. This. This. You weren't an asshole.

But we can still figure out a penance for you, if you'd like.
                        will it involve bacon?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Yes, this. Lemme tell ya something that happens where I work. The cafeteria buy these cheapy salt & pepper shakers, prefilled, to put out on the tables. Periodically they run out. Now why, I ask myself, does a place run out of something that basic? Don't they keep count of how many they have, how many are out on the tables, and perhaps how full the the shakers are, so they can have some idea of when they need to re-order?
                          Since one of the big reasons for using cheap pre-filled shakers is that people steal them, they don't need to keep track of how many are on the tables or how full they are, merely how many (on average) need to be taken from inventory and put on the tables (to replace empties or stolen ones - doesn't matter which) per day (on average). Let's also assume one supply order and one supply delivery per week. On "supply order" day, check the inventory - if there aren't enough (based on daily use figures plus a "cushion") to last until the delivery for the FOLLOWING order, order more.

For example, place is open 7 days per week. Shakers come in a case of a dozen (whether a dozen of one kind, or a dozen pairs, doesn't matter). Supplies are ordered on Thursday and arrive Monday. On average, 3 shakers of each type are emptied/stolen each day. It's Thursday - it will be 12 days until supplies are delivered from NEXT Thursday's order. Do you have 3 unopened (the current opened case is the "cushion" - ignore it if you only have 1 or 2 left) cases of shakers (3 cases of 12, for 12 days of using 3 per day)? If not, order enough so that your current inventory, plus this order, will bring you to this level.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's possible they just ran out of prepared biscuits. The biscuits come in frozen. A tray of 20 is thawed in the industrial microwave for 8 minutes, then cooked for another 6-8 (I forget; it's been a while). They then stay in the hot shelf until needed. They're by far the longest prep time of any item. If the guy in front of you decided today was the day he was going to fulfill his dream of making himself a wife out of biscuits and cleaned the hot shelf out, some people on the front end will tell the next few customers "we're out" instead of "that'll be a 20 minute wait, is that OK?" I don't agree with them, but it's happened.

I wouldn't say you were sucky though. They should have told you "that'll be a X minute wait", or "We screwed up on stock and are out". A quick explanation on their part would have gone a long way.

Comment

Now I want biscuits... Darnit.

Comment

Working...
                              X