This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sighting at shichi/ju-ichi (longish?)

Two SC's in a row! I go to this particular location quite often, since its the only one near me that sells shin ramyun. (Oh gods the yumyumspiceness)

First SC I didn't get it so well, it was a big white guy trying to intimidate one of my favorite cashiers, saying "lets go outside, lets go outside" in front of the owner. Luckily, the cashier shook his head, kept his cool, and said, "no thanks, sir."

Second SC involved me. Now I'm a white girl. The owner is Vietnamese. And the cashier is Mexican. This SC was a black woman. She wanted to buy cigs. But didn't have ID. The guy was going to cut her slack, but the owner held her ground and said, "no ID, no sale."

This lady started complaining that she came in earlier the day, they can look in on the cameras, with her ID, blah blah. Owner and Cashier get their spines stronger and say, "doesn't matter. You don't have it now."

Now, I'm an asshole, so I piped in, as politely as I could, saying, "they can't take the risk all for you. If you got caught by police that are nearby without your ID and with cigs, its could mean a fine for them."

She started getting a heavy attitude and said, "well its still okay cause they can just look me up and get my data!"

I looked at her like she was stupid. "No, it doesn't work that way. Its a CRIME to be without having any form of identification and you're proven to be over 18." (Its vagrancy or something like that, if I am correct, cause my dad and my dad's cop friend seriously bang that into my head)

She started demanding they take it cause "I'm a grown ass woman, i don't need no ID"

One last refusal, she pulls the race card. Pointing at me, "I bet this bitch can get her shit can't she, cause she's white?!"

And me, buying general non-age related items and without my ID, say, "fuck no, I'm not stupid enough to try."

Yay for her lovely cattbutt face

Great comeback.

I really despise people who get all pouty and pull the race/religion/gender/whatever card when they are in the wrong.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      Great comeback.

I really despise people who get all pouty and pull the race/religion/gender/whatever card when they are in the wrong.
      Yep, if an SC doesn't get what they want, then it's obviously because of their race/gender/sexual preference/age/disability/weight/height/colour of shirt/shoe size/or other obvious feature - cause it can't possibly be that what they want is either illegal, dangerous, against policy, or outright impossible - or that something might actually be, personally, their own fault.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Of course. Its all about color because you know, it looking like an international party (cause my Japanese friend was there too) and I totally get everything I want cause I am white, and she gets everything foiled cause she is black.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
          Of course. Its all about color because you know, it looking like an international party (cause my Japanese friend was there too) and I totally get everything I want cause I am white, and she gets everything foiled cause she is black.
          the only bigger "fail" in using a race card is when they say "It's because I'm race_whatever".... to someone who is also race_whatever.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            the only bigger "fail" in using a race card is when they say "It's because I'm race_whatever".... to someone who is also race_whatever.
            That's just hilarious. They're accusing somebody of the same race of being a racist ... okey-dokey! Just remember to keep a firm grip on that tinfoil hat as you leave!

Comment

Or over the phone to someone who is race_whatever. That's always fun too!

"I can't see your skin color over the phone and your name is John Smith. My name is More Ethnic and I'm the same skin color. Any other card you'd care to try and play?"
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                Or over the phone to someone who is race_whatever. That's always fun too!

"I can't see your skin color over the phone and your name is John Smith. My name is More Ethnic and I'm the same skin color. Any other card you'd care to try and play?"
                I had a guy try to pull that with me years ago, before we were prepay for everything. Accounting had determined that some categories of ads had more people blowing off the bills we sent and never paying, so they told us to get credit card prepayment for those categories. Had a guy tell me I was refusing to take his ad without prepayment "because of race." I couldn't tell what his ethnicity was over the phone. He sounded no different from me.

A few years later he called back (yes, I remembered his name) to place an ad for a moving sale. Yay! One less asshole in town!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh my god. I've seen this happen at the wal mart I'd shop at when I lived in Southern Cali.
                  If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                  X