This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ordered phonebooks?

So, in the middle of a generally crappy weekend, I popped out for a bit to do my bank run. We were short-staffed and I was doing laundry, and as I drove around the building on my way back, I noticed a shopping cart in the laundry room. It had been set aside next to the building (one of our "thoughtful" guests had pushed it over from the store across the street, and it hadn't made it back).

So I get out there, and the shopping cart is full of bundles of phone books.

1) Neither myself nor Other MOD ordered phone books. (Normally they call ahead and ask how many we want.)

2) Whoever delivered them did not stop by the office, or talk to any employees at all. (Normally they ask where we want them dropped them off.)

3) The laundry room is full of sheets and towels, a BIG washer, two BIG dryers....the point is, it's clearly a laundry room and not a place where general inventory gets stored!

So yeah...someone just decided to pull up, grab the shopping cart, fill it FULL of phone books, and haphazardly roll it into the laundry room. Maint Man kindly took the cart and stored them away...I was just going to roll them down to the dumpster and chuck them all in, because we already have new phone books and really don't need anymore. Maint Man saw I was having a bad day and took care of it for me, though.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Maint Man seems very nice. Who throws anything in a laundry room, other than laundry?

Wait, I'm on the wrong website to be asking this question aren't I?

Comment

I have two theories

1. Kid went around stealing phone books that had just been delivered and dumped them at your hotel
      2. Person delivering the phone books unloaded extra or undelivered phone books at your hotel.

Recycle is you can.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Note: In my area there are at least two different competing phone book companies, each of which puts out a basicly identical copy every 6 months (plus the ads that earn them revenue)

One of the <Hotel> locations I worked at had issuses with recycling pick-up.
        As a result, we had an entire 600 square foot room absolutely PACKED floor to ceiling with phone books we couldnt get rid of.
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          One of the <Hotel> locations I worked at had issuses with recycling pick-up. As a result, we had an entire 600 square foot room absolutely PACKED floor to ceiling with phone books we couldnt get rid of.
          With that many phone books, you could build a couple of extra rooms with them for those people who refuse to believe your rooms are sold out.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X