X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Letter From A Pedestrian.

Dear Vehicle Owner in a Great Hurry:

As you may, or may not have noticed, we've gotten some rain here in our fair city, and as such there are puddles in the road. I'm so sorry they seem to have impeded your journey somewhat, and as such you felt the need to speed right on up to that red light. After all, it was so important you only wait 12 seconds instead of 15 to make a left turn to zip into the parking lot.

Just to bring it to your attention, that random shape you proceeded to drench as you sped through that puddle? That was ME. Yes, I now have a wet bum, damp socks and shoes, and sticky feeling legs. Thank you EVER so much, and please, please let me apologize for daring to walk down the sidewalk during your morning commute. Further, I'm so sorry for believing myself worthy of basic consideration of you slowing down when you reach a puddle, so as not to play a rousing Monday morning game of Splash the Pedestrian. My bad. Everyone needs their fun. Hope you had a blast.

Further, I fervently hope you get several speeding tickets, which in turn cause you to get belligerent with the officer issuing them. I hope said belligerence leads to them searching your car and finding some form of contraband, and you are forced to attempt to flee the scene. When the resulting tackle of 3 policemen onto your flailing form drives all the air out of your lungs, I'm kind of hoping the last words you wheeze out are "Don't taze me, bro!"

Imagining that scenario kind of takes the sting out of the fact I now have squishy socks and my toes itch because of you. Plus, it also makes me giggle inside, and giggling is so much better than finding the nearest grocer and pelting your car with open tins of cat food, wouldn't you say? Yes, I knew you'd agree with me. ^.^

No love, (XOXO)
    Me

Oh Lupo - I knew the version on here would be so much more vicious!!

I love you!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

heh, yeah, I was on FB, thinking "This could use a few extra words....meh, gonna post it on CS anyways, I'll do it there..."

Ye gods, I need moar chai! Yes, yes, chai. mmmmm, chai....

*faceplants into mug*

Comment

Lupo, use a straw, you'll drown if you stay in that position!
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

i personally try to slow down for puddles like that cos i know how much they splash

but one of my previous coworkers liked to plow on through... his excuse being that people did it to him when he walked. as if it somehow meant he was getting "even" by doing it to others.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            Dear Vehicle Owner in a Great Hurry:

When the resulting tackle of 3 policemen onto your flailing form ....
            Into a large puddle
            there, you left out a bit

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I saw some bastard trying to do that when I was walking down the street once with the dogs. Hands gripping the wheel, accelerating...

I merely stepped onto the grass of the house I was walking in front of. The water splashed over the sidewalk. I stayed dry. The dogs stayed dry. The driver had a giant catbutt face.

I win!
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I'll be honest. I love driving my car through puddles to make a big splash. I'd NEVER do it if there's someone on the sidewalk. That's just plain rude.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*hands Lupo soft fluffy towels and a very large mug of chai*

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, I hate people that do that.

Comment

I've seen vehicles deliberately swerve to go through puddles when people are walking past them.

Know which vehicles I see doing this most often around here?

School buses.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had a bus drench me years ago when I worked in the city. It came up behind me so I didnt know it was there until the last second and could not step back quick enough.

To this day I swear the driver swerved into the puddle and laughed as he did it.

I had to go and buy a new set of clothes (including undergarments and shoes) as I was soaked thru and too far from home to go change. Not fun.
                      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I've actually pulled over after hitting some water that gave up a much larger splash than expected! The camber of the road was quite steep but it had been a while since I'd been that way so I didn't realise how deep the puddle was until after I'd been forced through it by someone coming belting up the other way too far across the centreline. Luckily the splashee had seen that I had been trying to avoid it, and I had a roll of blue paper in the car.
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've came to the conclusion a few years back that this is one of many ways people with small dicks try to compensate.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I remember the same thing happening to me once. I was coming back from a costume party in college (it was around halloween), and i stopped under a lit streetlamp on the sidewalk to wait for an approaching ambulance (no lights or sirens mind you, so no emergency) to pass. there was a large puddle in front of me and the ambulance went right through it, drenching me, grim reaper costume and all. It was a very cold walk through the chilly windy october night after that. Surprised i didnt catch a cold or something.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              I've seen vehicles deliberately swerve to go through puddles when people are walking past them.
                              Too bad the puddle didn't conceal a washed-out section of pavement, resulting in the splasher's tire falling into a pothole deeper than his ground clearance - goodbye oil pan.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X