This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Theater Patrons, The Good, The Bad, and The Downright Rude

I went to go see Brave yesterday! Loved it!

--

Dear mother with screaming toddler at the movies yesterday,

Thank you for actually taking your kid out of the theater when they were starting to act up. He started screeching for pretty much no reason and it was causing a migraine to me and several others, so you took him out until he was able to behave himself. The only thing I'm upset about is that this is rare enough for me to mention and be genuinely impressed by.

You're awesome,
    Me

--

Dear other mother with screaming toddler at the movies yesterday,

I realize kids are a handful at the movies. I know the theater was bare except for maybe fifteen people at various spots. However, this does not mean that you can just let your kid run around while the theater is still lit sounding like an air raid siren. He ran into my leg and nearly knocked over my popcorn, to which you apologized but didn't make your little angel stop until the movie started.

Learn to be a parent,
    Me

--

Dear idiot teenagers in the back row,

QUIT FUCKING THROWING POPCORN. I hate all of you. Yes, I went and found a guy to come deal with you. You don't come to a movie to throw shit and talk loudly with your friends, you come to watch a film. Get the fuck out.

No love,
    Me
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

I really lucked out when I went to see Brave a couple weeks ago - only 2 people in the theater other than me. (It was a Wednesday night 9:45 showing.)

Comment

Ha, had some ladies watching the Friday 13th movie back in '09. With a baby, crying. Usher asked them to leave.

Comment

The last one reminded me of something that happend years ago. I suppose I'm not really proud of it but please understand that the threat was a complete bluff. It was my last ditch effort to deal with these two yahoo's without missing part of the movie to get an usher.

I was seated in an almost empty theater. Just before the movie started two teen boys came in and sat in the seats directly behind me. After the movie starts I feel something hit the back of my head, I ignore it. A piece of popcorn flies over my shoulder and I ignore it. I get hit in the head again so I turn and look at the two but don't say anything. I get hit again, this time I turn and tell them to stop throwing popcorn. Then I get hit again.

I stood up, turned around and leaned over the seat until I was nose to nose with one of the kids.

Me: (staring directly into the kids eyes inches away from him) If i get hit by or see another piece of popcorn neither of us is going to see the end of this movie. You will be heading to the hospital in the back of an ambulance and I will be heading to the police station in the back of a cruiser for beating you to within an inch of your life.
        Teen#1: (darts eyes to freind, points and stammers) It...it...it wasn't me. It was...it was him. He was throwing the popcorn!
        Me: (not breaking eye contact) Then I guess you better do whatever you have to do to stop him because your the one I'm going to start pounding to the ground.

I turned back around and sat down. The two kids went to a different section of the theater and I enjoyed the rest of the movie in peace.
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

QUIT FUCKING THROWING POPCORN. I hate all of you. Yes, I went and found a guy to come deal with you. You don't come to a movie to throw shit and talk loudly with your friends, you come to watch a film. Get the fuck out.
          sounds like that jerk needs to meet the staff at this theatre

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
            The two kids went to a different section of the theater and I enjoyed the rest of the movie in peace.
            You are made of Win. Me, not so much because I did not go get an usher/manager in this situation and I really should have. But I did not want to miss the movie and get into a fight with a mob of people. I was really looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 2, when:

It was 7PM and the theater sold more tickets to the show than there were seats. So there were lots of people standing in the back of the theater with their kids running around acting berserk.

We were seated in the back row, when in came the Obnoxious Family from Hell. 5 kids with them, dad talking on his cellphone, loudly, throughout the entire movie. In the middle of it, he starts yelling" SNACKS? WHO WANTS SNACKS?" gets his kid's snack orders and leaves for 10 minutes of blessed silence.

This guy's kids decided to roll around in the AISLE of the theater while screaming, (no discipline from Dad by the way, he just kept talking on his phone ("WHAT? I'M WATCHING KUNG FU PANDA OR SOMETHING!") kids threw food everywhere, and at the end of the movie, the family left their trash strewn all over the floor.

I missed most of the movie's dialogue because of this family. I realize because it was a discount theater, they probably has to sell extra tickets to make up for their lower priced admission, but they should not have sold more tickets than there were seats.

And they certainly needed someone in there to stop the out of control families that belong to jackasses like this last guy, so that other people can actually enjoy the movie they paid for.

I should have gotten out of my seat and complained. I was torn between catching the bits of the movie I could or missing a huge chunk of the movie and getting these people kicked out.
            Last edited by Dave1982; 07-13-2012, 12:12 AM. Reason: please do not quote the entire post
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
            --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

MamaMootz, this is why when I go to movies that appeal to kids (which is mostly what I go to since I'm a big Disney fan), I go to the latest showing.

Comment

Do movie theaters still have those "Mommy and me" showings, I know there were like 2 or 3 nights a week where they had special viewings for women with kids. To me unless you know for for damn sure your kid is going to behave themselves, leave them with their father/babysitter.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                  Do movie theaters still have those "Mommy and me" showings, I know there were like 2 or 3 nights a week where they had special viewings for women with kids. To me unless you know for for damn sure your kid is going to behave themselves, leave them with their father/babysitter.
                  My local cinema does "Mums and Babes" showings (although any parent can come in), where the lights are half down so that you're not feeding bubs in the dark. They won't let you take prams in, but the staff will stow them away for you. (that's for kids 0-4)

And the films aren't all kid ones either....some of the more recent Mums and Babes showings are Snow WhiteKristen Stewart and The HuntsmanJHot One and Spider-Man.

I wonder if they'll do a Mums and Bubs showing for Fifty Shades of Grey (there is talks of a movie being made). They are doing one for Magic Mike.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth SecurityWench
                    Dear other mother with screaming toddler at the movies yesterday,

I realize kids are a handful at the movies. I know the theater was bare except for maybe fifteen people at various spots. However, this does not mean that you can just let your kid run around while the theater is still lit sounding like an air raid siren. He ran into my leg and nearly knocked over my popcorn, to which you apologized but didn't make your little angel stop until the movie started.

Learn to be a parent,
                    Me
                    INTO THE DOME, MOTHERFUCKER

Quoth SecurityWench
                    Dear idiot teenagers in the back row,

No love,
                    Me

Quoth SecurityWench
                    Dear mother with screaming toddler at the movies yesterday,

Thank you for actually taking your kid out of the theater when they were starting to act up. He started screeching for pretty much no reason and it was causing a migraine to me and several others, so you took him out until he was able to behave himself. The only thing I'm upset about is that this is rare enough for me to mention and be genuinely impressed by.

You're awesome,
                    Me
                    INTO THE DOME, MOTHERF---okay, she gets a few points. But they're both on thin ice.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

INTO THE DOME, MOTHERF---okay, she gets a few points. But they're both on thin ice.
                      I LOVE THAT COMIC. Oatmeal rules the internet.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
                      Now appearing in comic form!

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        And the films aren't all kid ones either....some of the more recent Mums and Babes showings are Snow WhiteKristen Stewart and The HuntsmanJHot One and Spider-Man. They are doing one for Magic Mike.
                        As far as my understanding goes it was supposed to be that 3 nights out of the week 2 theater rooms were set aside for this, night 1 was 2 different kids movies and the other 2 nights were supposed to be regular movies. That way the rest of us don't have to sit through a normal showing having to listen to a half a dozen screaming babies/toddlers who don't know how to behave. That way they could still see the movie with their kid without having to inconvenience the rest of us, especially on opening night, because I want to see Magic Mike a strip show without hearing a crying baby.
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                          Me: (not breaking eye contact) Then I guess you better do whatever you have to do to stop him because your the one I'm going to start pounding to the ground.

I turned back around and sat down. The two kids went to a different section of the theater and I enjoyed the rest of the movie in peace.
                          Ahh..a page out of my own book. I almost stood up and applauded when I read this part.

Comment

Teens....ugh. My husband and I went to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter the other day and while the teens weren't awful (they did talk through the entire movie) it was obnoxious that each of them screamed needlessly whenever the vampires popped on screen, and cheering and clapping.

Best part though was after the movie ended they walked out with their mom. I hope she was proud.

Comment

Working...
                            X