This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus sighting

I was on the bus with my bf and his mother when a group of Asian guys get on the bus. These 2 girls seated near us acting like ditzes start asking one of them "Are you Japanese, Chinese, Korean?" And he just looks at her. She keeps on and one of the other guys jumps in "I'm sorry my friend doesn't speak English."
    "So what he doesn't understand the question?"
    "He doesn't understand what you're saying, and we're Vietnamese."
    Then the group of guys proceeds to talk in Vietnamese till the girls get off the bus at the mall, where they all then switch to English. We start cracking up.

win. win. win

Comment

Double burn! TOTAL win!
      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
        I was on the bus with my bf and his mother when a group of Asian guys get on the bus. These 2 girls seated near us acting like ditzes start asking one of them "Are you Japanese, Chinese, Korean?"

Wait...what? In what world is this an appropriate question? Ow.... I need to reboot....

Comment

I might ask a tourist where they are from as an intro to chatting with them, but they just sounded rude about it.

[The best way to break the ice would be to ask where they were from and if they are enjoying their visit. It helps if you know enough about your area to suggest some things they might enjoy doing.]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The guys weren't tourists, they were local, but of Vietnamese descent. There's a LOT of Asians around here. I find it rude to question every Asian about exactly what kind they are. My roomy is of Chinese descent, my old land lady was Chinese, I have a Japanese friend, etc. I don't ask what they are till I get to know them unless they offer up that info on their own.

Comment

Working...
            X