This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
    I can't believe that no one knows the best way to cook corn on the cob. I pull the husk down and remove the silk. Then I place bacon strips around the cob, replace the husk, wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven. The bacon gives the corn a really nice smoky flavour, plus everyone knows bacon makes everything taste better.
    Too much effort when I can just chuck the corn cobs into the oven and wait.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I wonder how many times that woman was put in time out as a kid for tattling?

It always cracks me up when grown-ass adults tattle on other people.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I never knew there were stores that allowed corn husking....I always husked it right before cooking. I've never done the baked thing.....they've been boiled and bbqed before.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
          I can't believe that no one knows the best way to cook corn on the cob. I pull the husk down and remove the silk. Then I place bacon strips around the cob, replace the husk, wrap it in foil and bake it in the oven. The bacon gives the corn a really nice smoky flavour, plus everyone knows bacon makes everything taste better.
          Oh! I have corn and bacon - now I know what to make as a side tonight!

I saw my first "husk bucket" at the new grocery store the other day - I'd never seen anyone do that before. Is it a regional thing?

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post

I saw my first "husk bucket" at the new grocery store the other day - I'd never seen anyone do that before. Is it a regional thing?

Yes, no, maybe.

The Grocery Store of Awesome always has a garbage can for corn husks. Don't know about the other grocery store that's closer to me. I don't go there because it sucks.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth farmkid View Post
              Yes, almost, but -- another alternative:

I carefully strip back the husks and remove the silks, and then fold the husks back over the kernels. Put 'em on the grill, turn as required, and then keep warm in the oven while the burgers grill. They are wonderful!
              You forgot the part about soaking them in (lightly) salted water for an hour after removing the silk. Adds some steaming to the grilling.

Except for that, you and I do them the same way!
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                You may have all my lamb. I just can't stomach it and the thought of eating something cute just makes me shudder even more. I'm one of those 'don't eat cute meat' people.
                When we lived in England, our landlord (who lived next door) had a nursery (as in, flowers) but also raised rare breed sheep. We literally had lambs within six feet of our front door, as one of the pastures was there. Our daughter used to help with the feedings now and then when they'd lost a mom. Our Yorkie knew the word "sheep" and would go to the correct window to look if asked "where are the sheep"?.

Never liked the idea of lamb before that, cannot even consider it now, it would be like eating a pet (though yes, the landlord did raise some of them for that purpose).

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  Our Yorkie knew the word "sheep" and would go to the correct window to look if asked "where are the sheep"?.
                  SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <3 <3 <3 <3

My dog Ranger will respond when you go "Where's <Mom's Name>?" or "Where's <Dad's Name>?" and he will wander all through the house, sniffing, looking for them and when he finds them he looks at the person who asked to find them like "I FOUND THEM "

Or if the person is right in line of sight when asked he'll look at the asker like "What are you? Stupid?"
                  My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                    Our Yorkie knew the word "sheep" and would go to the correct window to look if asked "where are the sheep"?.
                    Dooney, our last poodle, was like that. Only with him, it was "Squirrel!" or "Crows!" Sometimes he'd even react the same way to "Garbage trucks!" He'd go to the windows and start growling.

Mocha, our current poodle, hasn't picked up on those kinds of things yet. Largely because, unlike Dooney, we can't let her out in the yard by herself. Dooney knew the boundaries and stayed in our yard. Mocha doesn't and will take off running if left off the leash. So she never got into the whole "chase the squirrels up the trees" or "keep those crows out of our yard" thing.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X