Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actively trying to ruin my evening? (Language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actively trying to ruin my evening? (Language)

Last night I went with a friend to a Burlesque show, put on by a local performer who I've met, and is very talented and wonderful. My friend and I both had a fantastic time, but unfortunately, events...or rather...dickheads...conspired to spoil the evening completely.

Warning, there will be a LOT of bad language in Part 2.

Background:
    I am a goth, and I dress in an eccentric fashion. The night before I was a pirate, last night I was a Bloody-Crumpet-esque burlesque girl. My outfit consisted of a pink and white frilly top, a black steel-boned underbust corset, a black puffy skirt with fake suspenders, flesh coloured fishnets, white and pink over-knee socks held up by visible suspenders under my skirt, wee little high-heeled gothy mary-jane style shoes and a feathery pink fascinator. The outfit was a tad more revealing than I'm used to (being as you could see the suspenders and I'm busty <.< ) but it wasn't slutty, more saucy. No, there are no photos. You'll find out why in Part 2.

This Burlesque show I frequent is a great varied crowd of people, and there is usually an after party at the pub opposite, which is marvellous. Sadly that night, the room they usually use was not available, and it had been moved to a tiny bar down the road. On a Friday or Saturday night, this road, which is basically a night-club/restaurant strip at night, is very busy. I've had plenty of friends recommend it as a good alternative to go drinking to some of the other popular (horrible) places in this city, but I've never felt too comfortable down there. Usually, I stick to the theatre, and the after-party.

Part 1
    So my friend and I left the theatre relatively quickly, and found the bar, and joined the queue. It was a very small venue, and I could see it getting full quickly, and then people perhaps being barred entry for a while, so I was glad we got there so quickly. The queue was letting in the theatre goers through an alternative entrance, and it was moving steadily. We make it to the front of the queue, when the door is pushed too in front of us. It seemed that the door being open was blocking another doorway and we assumed it was just being held shut so someone could move through the other doorway (if that makes sense), but after a minute or so, it didn't look so good.

Then this guy in dressy clothes, starts saying something like "this isn't going to work." A few more minutes pass, and he says to the bouncers standing right next to us "I'm going to close this entrance, its not working like this."

He said it without even batting an eyelid at the people in the queue. I actually said "Well, we don't want to lose our place in the queue." But he ignored us completely, like we weren't even there. Then he just shut the door in our faces.

My friend and I (and the bouncers) were a tad perplexed, as were the people queuing behind us. Then a few minutes later, the same dressed-up guy pops up at another entrance and just starts calling out "This is the entrance now!" The queue just turned around, making us the very BACK of the queue, rather than the front.

Anyone who knows a brit, knows that queue-fuckery makes us angry. As were we. I said "Hey, thats not fair, we're now at the back, we've been waiting at the front!" But nope, no one paid attention. Except for some of our neighbours who were in the same boat.

I mean, how bloody rude! We were really pissed off about that! I'm actually going to tell the performer who organised the show, let him know that the staff there are really rude and unprofessional. Hopefully they won't hold it in that bar again. I certainly won't ever drink there!

So after a few curses, we just left, and decided to find somewhere else to hang out for a bit. It was only about half past ten, and we didn't want to go home yet.

Part 2
    This was the worst part, and this is where all the foul language comes in (on my part, but I refuse to call this a self-sighting).

My friend and I were wondering around for a while, peering in bar/pub windows, and dismissing each establishment we came to. You know, I've had loads of friends say to me in the past "You should be fine in X area, you get a lot indie people!" Well, I saw no indie people, only a lot of chavs and perverts. I was getting blatantly eyed up everywhere we went. My friend said he overheard a guy refer to him as "a very lucky man", assuming he was my boyfriend. I assumed from that that at least I wouldn't get hassle, as people were assuming my friend and I were a couple. I hoped so, because the looks I was getting were making me profoundly uncomfortable.

Apparently not.

Just as we both crossed a road and stepped onto a street corner, and two men walk past us. The first one, a horrible scruffy man barely my height waited until he was almost past me when he reached back and grabs me by the right breast and squeezes hard before releasing and carrying on.

I whirled around, interrupting my friend (who hadn't noticed) and yelled: "HEY!"

The scumbag glanced back at me once, and carried on walking, hands in his pockets, as though nothing had happened.

This is what I think came out of my mouth:

"Hey! HEY! YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW YOU FUCKING BASTARD. YEAH YOU, IM TALKING TO YOU, YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TOUCH ME! HEY! YOU CUNT! Yeah that CUNT just GROPED ME! YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!"

The second guy is standing there, blinking saying "I didn't touch you love!"

To which I said very nicely, "No no, its not you love, you're fine its THAT-FUCKING-CUNT-RIGHT-THEEEERRREEEE!" *punctuated by stabbing motions in the air* "YOU'RE FUCKING SCUM! YEAH YOU KEEP WALKING YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SHIT!"

And you know what, that guy has no fucking idea how lucky he is. I was wearing high heels. If I had been wearing my New Rock boots:
    http://newrockdirect.co.uk/
    I would have been chasing that fucker down and curb-stomped his face. I tell you what, I was in such a rage, a rage that rarely comes over me. I could have easily caught up in the right footwear, and made a bloody mess of his genitals. My current New Rock boots are due for replacement shortly anyway, so I would have probably kept going until the plates snapped.

I'm sorry if the language offends anyone but I NEVER take that sort of thing lying down. My rule is MAKE A BIG SCENE! People like that are predators. I never take the whole "boys will be boys" thing anyway but he wasn't just a young lad who had gotten a bit cocky on a night out- he was dressed in shabby, unremarkable clothing, looked really dodgy, and carried on, blended back in with the crowd (I was also disturbed by how nobody took any notice of my screaming).

I wished so badly that I had my fiance there. My fiance who is nick-named Bear. He's a lovely guy, but you just don't fuck with his rabbit. It actually cheered me up when he described at length all the horrible things he would do to this man if he ever saw him.

Sadly, I don't even know if its worth telling the police. I can't even remember his face. It was so quick, and he kept his back turned (which confirms in my head that he is a real pervert, not just some jack-the-lad). I can only remember that he was black, and shorter than me

After that I just wanted to go home. It then took almost an hour for us to get a cab. BAD NIGHT.

Bonus Irony:
    I spent the previous night at a fetish club that houses a fully equipped dungeon. Yet I was perfectly safe there. No unwanted advances. One guy asked me very politely if I wanted to play, I said no, he said ok, and backed off. The next night I'm in a "normal" part of town, and this shit happens.

I'm sticking to fetish clubs.
    Last edited by Little Retail Rabbit; 07-29-2012, 09:23 PM.

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
    I'm sticking to fetish clubs.
    You are better off with the 'professionals' [not that they get paid, but if you don't take no for an answer in that lifestyle you quickly get shut out and have to get your jollies where it isn't easier to blend in, and if you don't take no for an answer with vanillas, you get visited by the police and listed as an abuser.

I have some quite lovely pervy friends, and feel perfectly comfortable with them.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      You are better off with the 'professionals' [not that they get paid, but if you don't take no for an answer in that lifestyle you quickly get shut out and have to get your jollies where it isn't easier to blend in, and if you don't take no for an answer with vanillas, you get visited by the police and listed as an abuser.

I have some quite lovely pervy friends, and feel perfectly comfortable with them.
      My friends actually run the club I went to, but it was my first time and I was nervous. A lovely semi-nude hostess gave me a tour and looked after me, keeping an eye out for me all evening. I was nervous before, but I trust my friends to look after me (and the other visitors). I would feel way more comfortable in Torture Garden then I would in Liquid. I had a fantastic time!

Comment

Okay. I'm 149 cm. (around 4'11".)
        99lbs. (forgot the kilo, sorry.)

I would have ran at his ass and try to beat him up. That IS me, and I don't condone it, but for very personal reasons I would FREAK if anyone did that to me.

If that happens again...and you think it may be the same guy...I hope you can get him. I have many violent thoughts about what I'd do, but that's me and fratching territory.

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post

I'm sorry if the language offends anyone but I NEVER take that sort of thing lying down. My rule is MAKE A BIG SCENE! People like that are predators. I never take the whole "boys will be boys" thing anyway .
          The only offensive thing here is the behavior of this piece of shit. I'd still suggest reporting it to the cops even if you didn't get a good look at him. They'd at least be aware then that this prick is out there abusing people and may be able to catch him if he tries it again with someone else. There may be CCTV footage in the area as well.

They "boys will be boys" thing is a heap of crap too. the people who use that excuse are the same ones who tell you to lighten up when they make offensive racist/sexist/homophobic comments and try to blow it off as a joke when someone calls them on it.
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

while tis true that boys will be boys, in some aspects, grabbing strangers body parts is not one of those aspects, boys don't do that, men don't do that, only lowlife scumbags do that. I kinda wish I'd have been there, I'd have chased him down and roughed him up purely on principle, or at least, held him down while you did the roughing up

You're outfit sounds awesome by the way.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

*hugs* You weren't sucky in the slightest, and don't worry about the language, it was warranted. I love the description of your outfit, it sounds just darling!
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

This is why they invented mace, or if you don't want to carry pepper spray around, a mini-can of hair spray will do the trick as well.

They touch you, they get an eyeful of painful chemicals that might require a trip to the hospital to treat. Then you can report him and the police can just check all the hospitals for a guy admitted for mace/peppery spray in the eyes.
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I can run as fast in heels as I can in running shoes, so I would've went after the shitbag and put him in the hospital.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                    I can run as fast in heels as I can in running shoes, so I would've went after the shitbag and put him in the hospital.
                    The trick is to run on the balls of your feet, once you have the weight up on the balls of your feet, the heels are pretty much removed from the equation.

Except when you launch into a flying kick - they they tend to shatter bones and puncture through skin thanks to the rules of pounds per square inch.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

If mace isn't allowed in your area of the world, insect spray works really well, if you can get it in a little can.

Grabbing a random woman's breast on the street is assault. That dickhead deserves the beatdown he's gonna get one day.
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I can understand your preference for using the Rocks (my wife's just killed her second pair in 6 years) on him, but I think heels could have done some serious damage too...
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Just a reminder that we don't condone violence or illegal activity on this forum, so let's stay away from the "creative suggestions" of ways to hurt this person.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

This is why I carry a safety whistle. Loud, much more effective than you screaming at someone, gets him noticed and can be used as a signaling device if stranded/lost/hurt etc.

If I was you, I would've grabbed the whistle, done the standard 3 short blasts, screamed, yelled, blew 3 more and ran after him, repeating the yelling and blowing.
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

We can wish for karma right? ^^;;

I can barely walk in heels, let alone run or drop kick ^^;;

As for a whistle, I highly doubt anyone would have noticed. The only 2 people who even seemed to notice my screaming was my friend and the innocent man who thought he was being accused. The real perv was keeping his head down and walked right passed some people who didn't bat an eyelid.

Without being violent in my wishes, I do honestly wish there was more I was allowed to do legally. I did karate years ago, but I only really remember front kicks (boy do I remember front kicks ) and at any rate, women shouldn't HAVE to learn self-defence to go out on the town!

Comment

Working...
                              X