This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over a Dollar

I was at my local Goodwill picking up some Gamegear Games when I witnessed two SCs. They were buying a pair of tennis shoes that were $ 5.00. Apparently, all men's shoes are $ 4.00 and all tennis shoes are $ 5.00 and they were arguing with the cashier about this since they were men's tennis shoes. Eventually, they just pay the $ 5.00 for the shoes with a $ 100.00 bill. The cashier apologized and states that he dose not have enough change and if they have a smaller bill or a different form of payment. This really pissed off the customer and his wife who immediately start yelling over how inconvenient this is for them. He had smaller bills and paid for the shoes, but refused to leave. Instead, he stood at the counter and called their corporate office to complain. While he was on his phone, his wife made physical threats toward the cashier (who was a good 6''6) and stated that if he came out from behind the register she would "knock his head off". Now, if this were my store and someone said that to my employee I would kick them out of the store. If they didn't leave, I would call the police and have them arrested for making threats.

After paying for my item, I slowly walked out and continued watching these two. The store manager ignored them while he pounded repeatedly on the counters and yelled at whoever was on the other end of the phone. At one point, a gentleman came up to him and offered to make changed for his $100 but he refused.

The way they were acting, something is really wrong with them. They obviously need some kind of help or were on some kind of substance.

Quoth bubblelittlepally View Post
    ...or were on some kind of substance.
    Yeah, boo. The ego kind.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Or they are just really that selfish, self-motivated, and were never disciplined as children.

I know, a friend of a friend acted a lot like that when I refused to follow his command just because of his say-so. (Basically he acted like the ring-leader and always told the group what we were doing, rather than asking what we'd like to do. I don't put up with that kind of crap, nor do I "just let things slide" in order to avoid an argument.)
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

I At one point, a gentleman came up to him and offered to make changed for his $100 but he refused.
        This was at a GOODWILL, so the $1 he was trying to chisel would have come out of money going to a charitable cause. Sounds like Karma was asleep at the switch that day - would have served him right if he'd accepted the offer to make change, and the "gentleman" in question had been someone in the business of passing counterfeit $20 bills.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          This was at a GOODWILL, so the $1 he was trying to chisel would have come out of money going to a charitable cause. Sounds like Karma was asleep at the switch that day - would have served him right if he'd accepted the offer to make change, and the "gentleman" in question had been someone in the business of passing counterfeit $20 bills.
          Karma doesn't sleep - she just bides her time.....

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Really? She seems to work on me a lot, but I've yet to see her take down anyone that's done me wrong in my whole life.
            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

After paying for my item, I slowly walked out and continued watching these two. The store manager ignored them while he pounded repeatedly on the counters and yelled at whoever was on the other end of the phone. At one point, a gentleman came up to him and offered to make changed for his $100 but he refused.

The way they were acting, something is really wrong with them. They obviously need some kind of help or were on some kind of substance.
              Good grief, but this sounds like this one asshole that used to come the pharmacy I worked at. He got told something he didn't like once that came down from his insurance provider. He got on the phone with them and proceeded to scream at the poor sod on the other end. He was scaring customers that were near him and we could see other people coming to investigate what was going on. You could hear him clear across the store and this was a Wally World Supercenter!

We were always afraid he was going to give himself a stroke and more than a few times, we hoped he would.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                We were always afraid he was going to give himself a stroke and more than a few times, we hoped he would.
                Pagan, the defib paddles don't go on his cheeks...

Yes, I know it's his mouth having a seizure, but that not what they're intended for...

As much as we'd like to see the effects...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  Really? She seems to work on me a lot, but I've yet to see her take down anyone that's done me wrong in my whole life.
                  Ah, you're labouring under the misapprehension that it's only this life that counts...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Don't worry about it too much.
                    The last person to try on those shoes had a wicked case of athlete's foot combined with ring worm.

yup.

Comment

Quoth Not Lillith View Post
                      Don't worry about it too much.
                      The last person to try on those shoes had a wicked case of athlete's foot combined with ring worm.

yup.
                      My wife wanted to know what caused my coughing fit. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                      X