Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my Lupus is flaring up, I can be allergic to the SUN.

Great fun in the middle of one of the hottest and driest summers on records.... <wibble>

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

My husbands cousin's wife is allergic to aspartame. It gives her larengitis (not spelled right but you know what I mean.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

My sister is allergic to vitamine E. Go figure.
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
          I had one of those pushy salesmen at a shopping centre slap some hand cream on my hand as I walked past. When I asked him what was in it as I have some allergies, he insisted that it was all natural and so I couldn't be allergic.
          Peanuts are natural. Eggs are natural. Milk is natural. Shellfish are natural. Since those 4 are among the top allergens, what the pushy salesman said is pure bull.

As for reporting him, the proper place to report him is not to the mall, but to the police. From your description, it was not only "assault and battery" (he touched you), but "assault causing bodily harm" (smeared something on you which caused adverse health effects).
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
            My sister is allergic to vitamine E. Go figure.
            I'm allergic to aloe. Supposedly I'm not "supposed to be able to be allergic to that." Tell that to the itchiness and the rash I get. Not to mention it's in the weirdest of things sometimes.

And aspartame also gives me migraines!
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Considering consuming the product could have injured you (food allergies can be deadly after all) it may be something worth bringing up with the manager or the corporation.

Although at the same time I'd also say... voting with your feet sounds like a safe option here. I mean you can still tell them how they fucked up but yeah if they're that careless why risk your health or life with them?
              I'd still talk to the manager or corporate. They might not realize the damage they are doing, and what if they trigger a fatal allergy in the next customer they pull the switcheroo on?

Of course, the manager could know and just not care. If that's the case, I'd still take it to corporate. They don't need someone in store management who's going to cause problems like that.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I'd still talk to the manager or corporate. They might not realize the damage they are doing, and what if they trigger a fatal allergy in the next customer they pull the switcheroo on?

Of course, the manager could know and just not care. If that's the case, I'd still take it to corporate. They don't need someone in store management who's going to cause problems like that.
                And if it was a matter of giving out non-diet drinks when diet was ordered, corporate could be in big trouble from diabetics, as well - I'm sure there's some medical organization that could really cause a lot of bad publicity over putting people's lives in danger.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                X