Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First rule of law...(Or, Beware the Stony shipper)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First rule of law...(Or, Beware the Stony shipper)

...never ask a question you don't have the answer to.

Mysty's Addition: Never ask a question you don't want the answer to. Especially not when the person you're asking it of clearly does not want to answer.

So I'm in Wal-Mart, as is usual. I'm standing in line with my cart, staring off into space, deep in thought as per usual. It's a little busy, line's a bit long, the old lady at the front is taking her sweet time, but whatever, I'm not in any big hurry and I'm enjoying the time to think. There's a fellow in front of me, a man assumedly in his 40's or thereabouts, who's just looking around himself.

Well, in my private arena of thoughts, something comes to me that causes me to bust out a major face. I'm still staring off to the side, and I guess the man saw me doing this and looked to see what I was grinning at, and when he couldn't figure it out, he asked me.

"What's so funny?"

Which brought me back to Earth and, because of the thought, caused a bit of while I laughed and said "Oh, nothing, I was just thinking of something."

He presses on, I guess seeing my reaction. "Oh yeah? Well what was it? Must have been interesting." (Might I add that at this point, he seems to be trying to flirt with me. Hrmm. I might be 30-holy shit, I'm 30, still getting used to that-but I still pretty much look like a teenager, so, ew.)

"Oh, you wouldn't want to know," I respond, shaking my head and trying to turn my attention back to my cart, as I want this conversation to be OVER.

"No, no, tell me," he insists, actually stepping closer to me, kind of in my space, still with that obnoxious "flirting" tone. What.

"No, seriously, I don't think you want to know."

"Yes I do. Tell me!" Now he's kind of getting a little demanding. Which is...ugh.

All right, fine.

"Okay. Did you see The Avengers?"

"Sure did, that was a great movie."

"Yeah, it was. You know Captain America and Iron Man, right?"

"Oh yeah, Iron Man's my favorite character."

"Uh-huh. Well. I was thinking about the two of them..." And here I lean in, because this next part needs to be communicated delicately..."FUCKING EACH OTHER."

So that's how I met the Olympic gold-medal holder for backpedaling, and the swell gentleman learned that just because a girl looks innocent, you have no idea what's going on in her head at any point...and you may not want to know.

(But seriously, it's canon. I swear it is. The comics just make it too obvious.)
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Oh that's wonderful.

I've been known to read yaoi comics in public. Discreetly, but if someone started paying attention to me and I didn't want it, I'd have a weapon...

Comment

Oh gods, the way you responded: awesome! Bravo!
      (I read slash fanfiction often.)
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Oh, that... Those are the times I wish we could capture on camera! The look on his face must have been priceless! However did you keep from laughing in his face?!

I have been told that I "look sweet and innocent, until I open my mouth.."
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I assume you've read the Texts from The Avengers? Their relationship in those is fantastic.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Links please!

Comment

BAHAHAHAHA I bet that guy thinks twice before being pushy in public again! well done!
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Haha. I had an ex who was a slash-fan, so nothing fazes me now

I'd have replied that the canon is clearly Iron Man and Hulk.

Comment

Cap is too strait-laced to delve into... wait, do you mean the movie Cap or the comic Cap? And if the latter one, do you mean the original, or Bucky-as-Cap? I'd totally believe Bucky was doing Iron Man. Hell, I'd believe he would do just the armor.
                  Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                    Links please!
                    Very well, if you insist.....

....What???

Comment

Comic Cap and Tony, definitely. They are so in love it's pitiful. There are LISTS of moments where they're pretty clearly doing things to each other and talking like they're married, etc., and at least one issue where, on a group day off, they ditched the rest of the team to run off together for lunch, a long walk in the park, and a one-on-one basketball game where I swear to God Cap was wearing booty shorts. It's SO CANON. (Movie, eh, for the movie I ship Tony/Loki, but frankly I think a vote could be cast for Tony/EVERYONE ELSE.)

The sad thing is, I actually don't think this is the first time this has happened to me. I really feel like at some point in the past some guy has intruded on similar thoughts about someone else. The whole thing gives me a weird bit of deja vu.
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Mysty's Addition: Never ask a question you don't want the answer to

Although - as you learned - sometimes the best way to get them to back the fuck off is to ... answer them.

I can think of a couple of times where I've done it myself.

*not on purpose*
                        Supervisor: What were you doing in there? ["there" being the head across the passageway from Radio]
                        Me: ... um, taking a dump....
                        Supervisor: TMI
                        Coworker: Well you DID ask...

*on purpose*
                        Me: *cringe*
                        Chief: What's wrong?
                        Me: *knowing chief would try to talk to me to figure out what was wrong... so I told him the truth* I tasted that one.
                        Chief: ... ok... *leaves me alone*

for being left alone but... for still having the taste of my bile-burp in my mouth...

Comment

Cap and Iron Man are Bert and Ernie of the 2000s.
                          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

THAT. WAS. MAGNIFICENT.

LOL No, I never thought of that... and now never plan to... as much as it is possible since has no effect on me unfortunately. But WOW. Massive PWNAGE. MY hat is off.

LOL
                            Last edited by Skarredmind; 08-30-2012, 02:37 PM. Reason: Agonizing typo.

Comment

That was AMAZING.

People have learned that for me, too, I might look sweet and innocent and all that, but just wait...
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                              X