This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the bar (thought of Jester) no suck

No suck, just some observation. I guess the drinkers could call it a suck if they realized the truth though.

I was at a charity event at the pool hall / bar (o wait there's the suck - there was almost no advertising so the turnout was lame) and asked the time.

Turned out the clock was 15 minutes fast. The barkeep said it helps push people out at Last Call.

And I shared Jester's siggy with him which made him laugh.

By the time last call comes, I doubt anyone is sober enough to know the difference. It's a great idea, though.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I thought that was common practice for bars - it gives them a little wiggle room to make sure the drinks are put up by the time 2am rolls around.

Comment

Yeah, every single bar I've been to around Baltimore is that way. Usually fifteen, sometimes ten or twenty minutes ahead.

Comment

Ours were ten minutes fast. Occasionally Mr. My-Rolex-Can't-Be-Wrong would object, only to be shot down by Mr. We-Go-By-The-Clock-Here-Now-Get-The-Fark-Out.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            Ours were ten minutes fast. Occasionally Mr. My-Rolex-Can't-Be-Wrong would object, only to be shot down by Mr. We-Go-By-The-Clock-Here-Now-Get-The-Fark-Out.
            Ah, them. We got some people trying to pull that at the wholesale club once, when the managers called closing early so we could work on the go-backs and other stuff. I was on the front door when I had to stop people because we'd called closing. They objected, pulling out cell phones and watches and so on.

I flatly told them, "It doesn't matter what your watch or cell phone says, the store's clock says it's ten o'clock, it's ten o'clock, we're closed."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I flatly told them, "It doesn't matter what your watch or cell phone says, the store's clock says it's ten o'clock, it's ten o'clock, we're closed."
              I like this.

We get these idiots on the dept. voicemail. "You're supposed to be open until six o'clock. [screaming] IT'S NOT SIX O'CLOCK!!!!"

Well, let's see. The voicemail system says your message came in at 6:03, so technically you're correct. It's AFTER six, not six on the dot. And neither one matters because WE'RE CLOSED.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Don't think I've ever been in a bar that didn't operate on "Bar Time". Ever. And I've been to ... quite a few.

Comment

In my city it is fun to be out on Daylight Saving nights:

"Um, normally our license only allows us to be open till 2.00 am, now tonight - should we close first at 3.00 am or already at 1.00 am? Eh, hum, er... screw it let's be open till 5.00am!!"
                  A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Man I would LOVE that but we are forced to have the weather channel playing on one television in the hotel lounge and that's the time we have to go by. If it wasn't for the darned managers standing 15 feet away at the front desk .....
                    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      I like this.

We get these idiots on the dept. voicemail. "You're supposed to be open until six o'clock. [screaming] IT'S NOT SIX O'CLOCK!!!!"

Well, let's see. The voicemail system says your message came in at 6:03, so technically you're correct. It's AFTER six, not six on the dot. And neither one matters because WE'RE CLOSED.
                      You'd think that since they know what time you close, they'd make sure to call before then... oops sorry, I'M USING LOGIC.

Comment

Working...
                      X