This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping at closing time

So the sign on the fabric store website said they closed at 9. Mom and I were out doing errands and trying to go to the fabric store last (note: never ever go to the big Swedish store first, if you're trying to go somewhere else after).

We got to the fabric store at five minutes to 9, Mom stayed with the car, and I ran in. The manager was at the door and it was locked. "We're closing," she said.

"You close at 9, right? I just need a piece of twill, I know exactly where it is, and if someone's at the cutting table I can be in and out fast." She let me in. I suspect she was only standing there with a locked door so she could monitor the number of customers who came in and make sure they matched the number who went back out.

I kept my word, went and got the twill, and one of the ladies from the front cut it for me. I paid for it and was off at two minutes to 9.

I don't think I sucked. I was in and out before the posted closing time. What sucked was that there were other customers still moseying and browsing around the sale racks when I left.

NO, since you knew what you wanted, and told them. As long as they were able to cut what you needed, you were fine.

I will say though, whenever I have someone like that, I don't actually believe what they say is true until they actually get their one item, pay, and leave before closing. Not that you were wrong, but so many people SAY that, and then continue to mosey around like they have all the time in the world.

Comment

My favorites are the ones during holidays who claim they're only after milk/bread/eggs/thatonespecialitemthattheymusthaveNOW... And then try grabbing a cart. I'm not a manager, but when I'm assigned to the doors, I have the authority to tell them no, either they get their ONE item or they get out. Yay for management wanting to go home too.

Comment

One time I was in the lineup at the cash register at a hardware store on Christmas Eve shortly before closing, and the manager turned away someone who wanted to buy ONE ITEM (actually 2 of the same item). The item in question? A pair of 40 amp cartridge fuses - the fuses for his oven had blown, and he wanted to be able to cook the turkey.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X