This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derp

Not really a suck, more like the worker seemed to have... selective hearing? And I don't really know if this is the right place to put this so feel free to move it if it's not...

So...
    I was at a chicken place for a quick meal with a friend of mine and I went up to the register to order. We were basically the only ones there at around 930AM with the exception of two or three other people eating.
    In other words, it was very quiet and I did not mumble or speak softly.

I shall call this worker, who was nice and cheery, Derpina, because of how it went.

Derpina: *opening spiel I don't remember*
    Me: Hello! I'd like to get the 4 piece meal for number #?
    Derpina: Okay, and is that a number #? (taps away at her register screen)
    Me: Yes, please.
    Derpina: And do you want the 4 piece? (tap tap tap)
    Me: Yep.
    Derpina: And you said number #?
    Me: Yes.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And did you want the 4 piece or the 3 piece?
    Me: I'd like the 4 piece, please.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And you said you wanted it as a meal?
    Me: Yep.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) What drink did you want?
    Me: Um... Dr Pepper, please.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And you wanted the 4 piece?
    Me: Yes, please.
    Derpina: Is there any thing else?
    Me: (quickly asks friend who I told to figure it out earlier but she didn't cause she was being derpy too)
    Friend, Juju: The sandwich.
    Me: We'll order a number & meal, please.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And is that a meal?
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And what drink would you like?
    Juju: Uhh... coke. (she's really quiet)
    Me: She'd like a coke, please.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) And what drink would you like with your number #?
    Me: ... A Dr. Pepper.
    Derpina: (tap tap tap) Okay, the order is $$.

I pay with a card and then when she goes to give us the drinks, I quickly ask for no ice.

Derpina: For both of your drinks?
    Me: Uh, (I look to my friend but she just shrugs. Juju!! A shrug isnt an answer!!) Sure.
    Derpina: (does my drink) And you didnt want ice on both of them?
    Derpina: (does my friend's drink)
    Me: Thank you!

We walk away and glance at each other.

Me: I think she was derpier than you, wow.
    Juju:

-So basically, what I'd like to know, is what was up with Derpina? What was she tapping away at on the screen anyways? But she seemed nice so it's fine.

No disrespect to anyone on the boards here who works in fast food, but those jobs don't always attract the best and the brightest.

I think Derpina was entering the order into the screen, tapping the various options on as you ordered them.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      I think Derpina was entering the order into the screen, tapping the various options on as you ordered them.
      I ordered a 4 piece meal. There were no "various" options. that's why I was confused as to why it was taking so long. There's a 3 piece and 4 piece option for the number I ordered and then you choose to have it as a meal or not to have it as meal. If you have it as a meal, then you choose a drink.

Comment

Well, she may still have been having problems getting the system to accept the entries she was tapping in, hence the repeated tapping.

PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Well, she may still have been having problems getting the system to accept the entries she was tapping in, hence the repeated tapping.

Hmm, true. Well, I don't get angry or frustrated too easily and I wasn't bothered by it at least.
          My friend and I both thought she was just being derpy. Everyone has those days. My friend however, is derpy every day which was why I said "She's more derpier than you!"

Comment

i mean i understand "repeat backs" to verify everything but... yeah if you already said what you wanted and she was tapping something in... it makes me wonder what she was tapping in if she asked you the same question a second time...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              i mean i understand "repeat backs" to verify everything but... yeah if you already said what you wanted and she was tapping something in... it makes me wonder what she was tapping in if she asked you the same question a second time...
              Maybe the system was getting the wrong information, and she was tapping it to try to clear it out.

Again, fast food doesn't always get the best and the brightest.

Comment

Maybe the system was getting the wrong information, and she was tapping it to try to clear it out.

Again, fast food doesn't always get the best and the brightest.
                And that includes their computer/ordering systems. If they hit one button wrong, they could have had to re-enter everything again... and combine it with a memory of a goldfish, well, that's the kind of conversation you get
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It sounded to me as if she was on auto-pilot and had to keep rebooting her brain.

Problems with the 'puter might have been the basis for that, or ... who knows. Maybe that's just her, LOL.

Comment

eh. i prefer to think someone's having a sleepy day myself.

cos the moment i decide someone in one of those jobs is a dummy... is probably going to be the moment i find out the person is just working a part time job while working on a master's degree.

I mention that cos I saw it here once. customer treated employee like he was a dummy and she was smarter than him... only to end up eating crow the next semester when she found out it was *his* college course she enrolled in. I never want to be as as that customer ended up feeling.

Comment

Oooh, gotta love that level of Karma!

Comment

Working...
                      X