This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now it's time for another game of "Who was sucky?" And a bonus story

So today DaDairyDruid and I paid a visit to the Mal of Wart to get some things. Among them was a new shower curtain for me. I like my old shower curtain, but it's falling off the rings it hangs on, so yeah.

I wanted the same one I have now, but they don't have it.

Instead, I found a Hello Kitty one. Yes. I know how old I am. It's cute, I like it and it was at a good price. So I got it. DaDairyDruid went to get some Lime A Way while I waited on the benches in the pharmacy since my back has been acting up again. I note that the one I picked had some nicks on it and he ran and got a new one.

Before we left, I decided just to see if it might be on sale. We've had luck from time to time with items being lower than they are because they're on sale. We got some decent lunch bags for about $3 each a few weeks ago.

So I scan it and it registers $4 more than the tag price. Okay. That's not good. We go back and find someone who tells us "Take a photo of it and show it to the cashier, they'll accept it." Okay we do that.

Keep in mind we did what the sales associate told us to do. There will be a quiz later.

So we ring out and sure enough the curtain rings up higher. DaDairyDruid mentions this to the cashier, showing her the picture.

Cashier: I can't take that.
    DaDairyDruid: We were told by the associate to do this.
    Me: He watched us. His name is Blah and he walked down that way.
    Cashier: Was it in the aisle.
    Us: yes
    Cashier: Look I only need one person to answer me.

It seemed that she copped an attitude because they didn't change their tags and expecting us to just roll over and take it.

Not going to happen.

Me: Okay, so if you can't take it, why did Blah tell us to do this, and watch my husband take the photo?

Interestingly enough, she cannot answer that question. So I asked for a manager/CSM.

CSM told her flat out to accept it since it said what the item was on the photo and it had the same SKU number on the tag as the curtain.

We feel that the cashier just went straight for the "I can't help you" tactic without getting any CSM feedback. Or that maybe we were trying to do a price match. I have no idea. Maybe it was a little sucky to want to get the item priced as marked. I figured after we should have just paid for it then went to customer service and gotten the adjustment there.

Bonus story:

So a little bit of background - things have been tight. This is not new. The economy sucks right now. So one of the things that has been cut majorly has been our grocery budget by leaps and bounds. I hardly ever shop at the local stores and go to Aldi for nearly everything. The only exception is for soda and meat.

Today, a woman in Aldi came up to me and handed me a $10 bill and said "God told me to give this to someone and you looked like you could use it." Just out of the blue.

Not only that, but she paid for our groceries. She swooped in and ran her card. I think it was probably over $30 worth maybe a little more, but that just made my day and brought me to tears. Not to mention, today is my birthday so it was a great present.

There are still good people in the world.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

1. Take a photo of what? The item, the shelf tag, or both?

Sounds like a policy that can be easily abused without a hell of a lot of work. So the clearance swamp will implement something similar tout suite.

2. Rude cashier was rude.

3. Happy birthday.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Had that happen in another retail store; the associate ripped the tag off the display, handed it to me and told me to bring it up front. Probably to keep more people from expecting that price.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Comment

When I was a cashier at Wal-Mart AND Sam's Club, I would have been torn a new one had I talked to a customer like that.

Comment

When I was working at Wally, I was always told to take the tag out, hand it to the customer to give to the front end (after comparing UPC codes, of course) and print a new tag toute suite.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              1. Take a photo of what? The item, the shelf tag, or both?

Sounds like a policy that can be easily abused without a hell of a lot of work. So the clearance swamp will implement something similar tout suite.

2. Rude cashier was rude.

3. Happy birthday.
              The shelf tag. I tried to do it but my phone chose at that time to restart when I tried to get it into camera mode. We would have taken the tag, but the associate took it, I would assume to get the right tag made. The thing is, I suspect that the other character/licensed shower curtains were probably going to ring up at the same price. Had I really thought about it, I would have said something about that too.

Thanks It was pretty nice overall. Stuffed myself for lunch and had some nice Coldstone.
              Random conversation:

Comment

I love random acts of kindness. And the fact that it happened on your birthday just makes it doubly awesome. Happy Birthday!
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

My first impression is that taking a picture of the tag is a good idea. They can check the numbers on it against the product. But on the other hand, the cashier would have no way to know when that picture was taken. Sometimes there are dates on the tags, sometimes not. Somebody would be able to milk that for a few weeks, if they work it right.
                  "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                    Bonus story:

So a little bit of background - things have been tight. This is not new. The economy sucks right now. So one of the things that has been cut majorly has been our grocery budget by leaps and bounds. I hardly ever shop at the local stores and go to Aldi for nearly everything. The only exception is for soda and meat.

Today, a woman in Aldi came up to me and handed me a $10 bill and said "God told me to give this to someone and you looked like you could use it." Just out of the blue.

Not only that, but she paid for our groceries. She swooped in and ran her card. I think it was probably over $30 worth maybe a little more, but that just made my day and brought me to tears. Not to mention, today is my birthday so it was a great present.

There are still good people in the world.
                    Love!!! Happy Birthday. I got a little misty eyed too.

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
                      My first impression is that taking a picture of the tag is a good idea. They can check the numbers on it against the product. But on the other hand, the cashier would have no way to know when that picture was taken. Sometimes there are dates on the tags, sometimes not. Somebody would be able to milk that for a few weeks, if they work it right.
                      Wouldn't the photo on the phone have a time stamp?

And props to the random act of kindness. I made a topic on Fratching about people who use their religion to justify cheapness, so I won't get much into that here. It's nice to see people using their religious beliefs to be generous to others.
                      Last edited by Mr Hero; 09-02-2012, 05:07 AM.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Our phones do. It defaults to the month day hour minute format.
                        Random conversation:

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                          Instead, I found a Hello Kitty one. Yes. I know how old I am. It's cute, I like it and it was at a good price. .
                          When I find something cute with Hello Kitty on it, my biggest problem is whether to buy it for my 10 year old granddaughter, or her mid-thirty year old mother, and hope they don't fight over it whichever I decide

Happy Birthday.

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

1. Glad you got it all sorted out. I don't see any suck apart from the cashier; and that's just probably cynicism (which after a long time on here, I kinda appreciate )
                            2. What a lovely lady!
                            3. Happy birthday
                            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                            What's the difference?
                            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

. Yes. I know how old I am.
                              So? Just like MLP, HK doesn't have to be just for kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X