This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    If she can prove that his unnecessary aggression and threatening actions caused her physical distress, she can sue.
    I suppose that she could. I'm not sure it would go very far.

Both parties in this situation showed their ass. The manager did so much more than the OP, but her pounding on the counter would definitely come up in the case.

The OP is going to have to decide how much aggravation she's willing to put herself through over the sucky manager.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      What on earth does the president--any president--have to do with this situation?
      I'd say it's as simple as someone complaining about how bad salt is for "you". The Obamas are known for their push for "healthy" things.

The manager was right, it's not hidden. It's right there on the label for all to see. Yet you were right to be concerned if it's a higher than usual proportion.

As I wasn't there to see how things really went down, I can't judge your wording on the matter. But if it seemed to me that someone was here just to complain about salt being "bad for you", I'd probably cut them off too.

It honestly probably all came down to wording and that led to an escalation on both sides.

I've had customers start to go off on tangents about how X is "bad for you!" By the end, I'm sometimes rolling my eyes. Not happy about doing that but frankly, they drive me nuts.

If you do try to take this to court, remember that they will have video to back up their side as well as the testimony of the manager and any employees who were around. Which may not support your side, depending how they saw it play out.

Comment

IMHO, no matter how sucky the OP may or may not have been, the manager's response was unjustified.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
          IMHO, no matter how sucky the OP may or may not have been, the manager's response was unjustified.
          I agree with this. She didn't threaten him physically, didn't call him names. He came around the counter and chased after her. She may have been a little upset at first but he definitely escalated. The best thing to do with an upset customer is to agree with them in a general sort of way and ask them (politely) what they would like you to do. If all she wanted was to return the chickens for a refund, and then she goes away happy, then why not? It's a few bucks at most. If they had a similar product without the sodium in the store, point it out. Customer is pleased, store retains a customer.

Insulting her by asking if she can read? Yelling, throwing in a snide remark about the president (without, I might point out, having any idea what her politics are), chasing her? All inappropriate. Will it stand up in court? I have no idea. I'm just saying there was a lot more suck on his part than on the OP's.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Okay folks, one moderator already had to leave a note here earlier to NOT take this in the Fratching direction or make attacks.

Since this was NOT heeded, this thread is now closed.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
            X