This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Big Deal?

Had a gentleman attempt to jump start a car at the gas pumps today. He copped an attitude when my manager ran outside to tell him that that is NOT a good idea.\

***I didn't want to start a new thread since this is basically the same information.

You would not BELIEVE how many idiots have tried to jump start their cars right next to our fuel pumps. It's gotten to the point where it's almost a daily occurrence. I was walking into work this week and had to run flat out to a guy who had already hooked up the jumper cables. He acted irritated when I told him he couldn't jump a car next to the pumps, but he didn't bitch about it.

Then, literally the next day, two more young ladies were looking for someone with jumper cables. Unbelievable.

I'm seriously getting worried. It only takes one lit spark for the whole fuel court to go up in a fireball. I wonder if our location should invest in some "DO NOT JUMP START CARS AT THE FUEL PUMPS, YOU MORONS" signs. At least then we can say we warned them.
    Last edited by Moosenogger; 10-25-2012, 07:37 AM.

Another candidate for a Darwin award ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      I think I'll ask where the nearest fire extinguisher is next time I go into work. You know, just in case a customer decides to ignite themselves in a ball of fire.

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
        I think I'll ask where the nearest fire extinguisher video camera is next time I go into work. You know, just in case a customer decides to ignite themselves in a ball of fire.
        There, that's better...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

We'll still need the fire extinguisher so that the fool's fire doesn't spread.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Cue up Arthur Brown on the PA... "I am the God of hellfire, and I bring you... Fire!"
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              Oh Arthur Brown! I only hear that song about once a year!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                He'd be disqualified if he took anyone else with him.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  I remember when that song came out, I was a teenager. I had a friend at church, who wanted SO bad to hook it up to the PA system in the chapel during a prayer meeting, so he could watch all the little old ladies drop to their knees.

I also recall being on a day trip with my family. My dad rarely used the radio in the car, so my sister & I always had a transistor radio with us (yep, I'm old), and rarely used headphones. We were on a small road in the mountains, and I picked my radio, which happened to be on quite loudly, and turned it on, and as I did, that song started. My dad almost drove off the road and over the cliff

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Or Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Or XTC's I'll Set Myself On Fire
                      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Please see updated thread post.

Comment

I think I'll ask where the nearest fire extinguisher is next time I go into work. You know, just in case a customer decides to ignite themselves in a ball of fire.
                          You work in a fuel station. Please tell me that actually was a 'first day' piece of information?
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Not particularly, but I've asked since then and found the closest ones. Now it's just remembering them in an emergency.

Comment

I wonder if our location should invest in some "DO NOT JUMP START CARS AT THE FUEL PUMPS, YOU MORONS" signs. At least then we can say we warned them.
                              But as we all know, the kind of morons who think it's perfectly okay to jumpstart at car next to a petrol pump are the same morons who wouldn't bother reading the signs telling them not to.

*Sigh* Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
                              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X