This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really just do that??

I stopped at a CVS today to get a snack. I paid with a $10 for an order just over $5, but the cashier was low on singles.

She said "I'll be right back" and proceeded to walk away to a nearby office...leaving her register drawer WIDE OPEN!!

When she came back with the manager who got her some more singles, the manager didn't say anything.

I was just floored, but was too tired to say anything. I did, however, email a complaint to the company from their website. I'm pretty certain they'd want to know an employee is being so casual with their money.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

It could be that the manager said something after you left. An employee should not be reprimanded in front of the customer.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      It could be that the manager said something after you left. An employee should not be reprimanded in front of the customer.
      good point in that one.

she's just lucky she had an honest customer - although it's still a big risk cos the next person might not be so honest.

Comment

Reprimand? No. A simple, "Remember not to leave your drawer open"? Yes, I'd view that as acceptable especially if it's a newer employee. And I'm praying it was a newer employee...

Comment

Or they've REALLY gotten an ass chewing for too many no-sale drawer opens?

I had this (almost) happen fairly recently. I yelled once, twice, THREE! times before she turned (was using "Ma'am" as I didn't know her name.) and I could point out her open drawer to her. The service desk was WELL out of site too.

On the plus side Draper - guess we look honest?

Comment

Ok, I wasn't looking to see her get chewed out in front of me. I guess I was just a bit surprised that the manager had zero reaction. It just gave me the feeling that the whole store was poorly managed.
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
            X