This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is The Third Time Really A Charm?

Our next door neighbors recently renovated their house. We had a lot of issues involving the builders, the biggest one being their constant parking in front of our mailbox.

We recently had the post office tell us that if this continued then they would not be able to deliver our mail. We told the neighbors who informed the builders that they cannot park there anymore.

I get home from work and see the stupid truck parked there yet again. I went to go ask them to move when the post office truck pulled up. I ran over, got my mail, and apologized to the postman. The neighbor comes out and sees what's happening and apologizes to him as well. He reiterates that he won't be allowed to deliver our mail if this continues.

The neighbor then goes into the house to confront the builders and make them move. One of them comes out and actually says to me "I can't believe they have such an attitude about getting out of their trucks. Like their job is soo hard."

That just pisses me off, the jerks are actually hindering the postman's job and have the audacity to whine about it. Neighbor informed me that this was the third time she had asked them not to park there.

But happily, today is their last day so I won't have to deal with them. The nerve of some people though.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

It's against the rules for us to dismount to deliver to a box if it's blocked or unaccesable.

Comment

Exactly! And the builders were told numerous times not to park there for that reason. I wonder how they would have felt if someone blocked off access to their job site and hindered their work.
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I'd complain to the main office of the contractor. If the truck can be moved, then it can be parked somewhere else in the first place.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Can you have them towed?

Comment

interfering with delivery of mail, call the cops.
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              It's against the rules for us to dismount to deliver to a box if it's blocked or unaccesable.
              not to mention if people made a habit of creating a situation where you had to do that all the time, you'd never get done. All the postmen I know are already overworked as it is.
              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post

not to mention if people made a habit of creating a situation where you had to do that all the time, you'd never get done. All the postmen I know are already overworked as it is.
                Your right. We have two routes that are transitioning over to mounted from walking. It takes a lot of time to continually get in and out of the truck.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  Your right. We have two routes that are transitioning over to mounted from walking. It takes a lot of time to continually get in and out of the truck.
                  Not to mention it is dangerous. If the truck slips out of park, someone could get hurt.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post

Not to mention it is dangerous. If the truck slips out of park, someone could get hurt.
                    It did happen this past summer.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Can you have them towed?
                      that's what I'm thinking. the towing fees will make it in their best interest to move

it's not as if they HAD to specifically park in front of the box. they chose to do so, no?

Comment

Too bad the contractors didn't have the neighbour's bathroom out-of-service, requiring them to use a port-a-john that happened to be set up with the door right up to the edge of your driveway. You get home, and park your car in your own driveway, conveniently blocking the door to the port-a-john.

WTF? I'm parked in MY OWN DRIVEWAY - I'm not going to move my car from WHERE IT BELONGS just because you don't like where I park it (paging Argabarga - can a 3rd party legally get someone's car towed out of their own driveway?). By the way, guys - what's that pounding noise coming from inside the smelly plastic box?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X