This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job application from hell

i saw a job ad for a youth hostel, crappy job, but it would keep the lights on, and it is part time that I could stay at after getting a full time job, the job ad said apply in person, i show up to a sign that says no walk ins, door locked 24 hours, do not knock, please call (number)... i call that number, no one answers, but a disheveled man popped his head out and asked what i wanted, and then after i told him was very adamant that if i couldn't promise at least a year of work i shouldn't waste my time... then i heard what sounded like a gunshot next door... so yeah, i followed his advice and walked out without applying.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Clearly they don't want to fill the position.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm very very glad you weren't the body to fill the slot... in their backyard, that is.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        Clearly they don't want to fill the position.
        i think that should have been obvious to me based on the job description
        ,We are in the Hotel industry and travelers would be calling to book rooms
        .After 5 p.m. take calls from any where
        .No criminal record or drug problems
        .Base salary + commission
        yeah, take calls from anywhere... yet the guy was adamant that I must commit to a year and that I could not move during that time... apparently his definition of anywhere and mine are two different things.
        And Dalesys, if you spend time around the 900 South TRAX station, you know just how likely it is to get shot (seriously, when was the last time there was a stabbing or shooting on TRAX that wasn't there or Arena)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
        X