This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive Dinner man finds me.....

It seems that I've been getting a good dose of idiocy recently. First a psycho on a freeway and now this. I ran into a SC that I dealt with about a month ago who I dubbed Expensive Dinner Man. The gist of it was he wanted me to break policy and during our argument he actually asked if I wanted to bet an expensive dinner with him. I had to restrain myself from laughing when he asked that. Afterwards more words followed and he threatened to report me when he was entering the arena. Well, knowing my luck recently I ran into him AGAIN!!!!

I went out for a bit and decided to go to Borders and pick up a book I needed for school. As I was walking around immersing myself, I saw EDM and realized what would ensue and instantly turned around. The last thing I need is a confrontation especially when it's from a SC that I dealt with. I thought I was in the clear for a while and it wasn't until he cleared his throat from behind that I immdiately knew who it was.

"Yes what is it?"

"So! I haven't seen you since that game, did they fire your sorry hide for not listening to a customer?" All said in a self-satisfied voice.

"Actually no, I haven't been working much recently and I've been in different spots from time to time if you miss me that much."

An insulted look, I knew it would work.

"Next time I see you I'm going to make sure that you'll listen to the custom-"

I walk away, I don't need this and I don't want to escalate it.

"HEY, GET BACK HERE!! LISTEN TO ME KID!!"

Frustrated, I turn around and just say this.

"Dude, I'm in no mood for dealing with you and you've been harrassing me all over a goddamn parking lot barricade. It isn't that big of a deal. Keep this up and I'll go to the authorities. You want to bet a restraining order over this?"

He starts to say something, thinks it over and walks away.

At least I can get an upper hand in things now. Next thing I know I'll run into the 2 psychos who told me to use my head the other night.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

I think you scored one. Just make sure you cover your ass in case he tries to make up stories about you to tell your bosses. I wouldn't put it past him.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Go you! I feel so satisfied in a vicarious sort of way

OT, for some reason I had the urge to google "Whiskeyclone Arena" and the first thing that comes up is...YOU!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just make sure you cover your ass in case he tries to make up stories about you to tell your bosses. I wouldn't put it past him.
        I'm not exactly worried, I told my department about him and the area that caters to his type of people(Bank Row). I asked one of the people who works in there about him and everyone can't stand this guy. Some people have quit because of him and his antics towards others so they're going to take a lot of the things he says with a bucket of salt. I have documented everything just to be safe knowing the tactics of SCs.

OT, for some reason I had the urge to google "Whiskeyclone Arena"
        Whiskeyclone is obviously a fake name but for good reason knowing this site. The word is used by a musician named Beck who has a song titled Whiskeyclone Hotel City 1997 and uses it as an insult in one song. I liked it so much seeing as it describes my customers in some odd way as they usually leave the game reeking of the stuff and drive home.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          Whiskeyclone is obviously a fake name but for good reason knowing this site.
          Yeah, I knew it was fake but it sounded vaguely familiar so I was wondering if you got it from something else. Hence, Google! It just amused me that the first thing I got was "ArenaBoy's avatar."
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So, wait. You were at Border's, and he ran into you, and thought it'd be a good idea to harass you?
            What. The. Hell?
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              He thought it'd be a good idea to harass you?
              What. The. Hell?
              Juwl, these are SCs we are dealing with. They aren't bright and they always do this.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                "HEY, GET BACK HERE!! LISTEN TO ME KID!!"
                I like how he feels that even though you're not at work, you still have an obligation to listen to his sorry ass.
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

That's so stupid he assumed you were shopping at Borders because you'd been fired for not listening to a customer.........what a loser.

I would have asked, "Are you here because you finally learned how to read?"

Seriously, if someone ever had the gall to tell me "Get back here and listen to me kid!" if I didn't want to or obviously didn't have to, I would have told him to get bent. But you seemed to handle it very well yourself! Bravo!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I would've added "Kids are baby goats. I do not qualify." for good measure.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X