This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have your head up your ass??

Hi, long-time lurker here - I just registered so I could share this mortifying sighting with the CS community.

Me: Me
    SC: My mother
    PW: Poor waitress

Yesterday evening, my mother took me out for dinner at the local BananaAnts. Our PW did not offer stellar service (forgot to bring my mother extra napkins, gave me the wrong order - not that I cared, and had fair to poor social skills), but I wouldn't personally expect stellar service at a franchise restaurant and it's not like she was rude or anything.
    The whole time my Mother sat and huffed at the poor waitress and even ROLLED HER EYES at her! I was embarrassed but quite frankly my mother scares me, so I said nothing.
    When she paid her bill, she almost dropped her credit card while handing it to the waitress...
    PW: (trying to make a joke) haha that was an awkward card hand-off! *walks away to process credit card*
    SC: *face goes red, eyes go wide* "HAY LADY?!?! DO YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ASS?!?!"
    Me:

Luckily the waitress didnt seem to notice, and I called the restaurant and apologized to the waitress when I got home.

It doesn't seem so bad on paper, but my mother was acting like the waitress was complete shit on her shoe - like she was supposed to act grateful for the chance to wait on her highness....

The kicker is that my mother worked as a waitress when she was in college and still to this day brings up sucky customers who treated her poorly...I guess hypocrasy doesn't have an expiration date.
    Last edited by PoppyCock; 10-31-2012, 11:20 PM.

Quoth PoppyCock View Post
    ...I guess hypocrasy doesn't have an expiration date.
    Hi! Great, you've given me a new signature! And I agree, your mom was a bit of an SC, it doesn't sound like the waitress was doing a poor job on purpose.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Welcome aboard Poppy.

Yeah, it's strange; around here we often wish that SCs would have some mandatory service industry time to give them some empathy, but I think we know in the back of our minds that there are some people it wouldn't make a dent in. Sorry your mum is apparently one of them. (Is she often like that?) Kudos for the call-in.

Clever Applebees obfuscation, btw.

Comment

@ Lillfilly: That's the sad part - the waitress seemed to be trying her best - she apologized whenever something didn't work out and she was very nice!

@ sms001: Unfortunately, yes she's always like that, she's a bit of a princess.
        I remember when I worked at a casual Japanese diner - she actually came in during my first week on the job and acted like an SC to me. She ordered hot green tea and miso. Both were made with water from a water heater that was set to a specific temperature that ensures that the water is warm but never scalding hot - my boss was a bit worried about McDonald's type lawsuits.

SC: My tea and my soup is too cold!
        Me: Sorry Mom, that's the temperature it's supposed to be.
        SC: Well, you're just going to have to tell your boss to fix that, aren't you?
        Me: Nope, sorry - I'm not doing that
        SC: *Cat-butt face* *Doesn't tip*

No one before or since had complained about the temperature of either our miso or our green tea.

Comment

My dad and step-mum are the same: very nice and pleasant around the family, but expect to be treated like royalty and are very quick to criticise when they're out shopping or dining.
          If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Working...
          X