This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Glare of Death

At my place of work (grocery chain) we get random items for free (we'll get a text saying "starting X you get X free"). To get your items for free you swipe your card and that is it.

I went to store of same name in Different Town and went through a 10 items or less line with my free rice and pretzels. Both the cashier and bagger where obviously special needs (tone/body language was "off", probably Autistic). Next to them was a trainer/job coach who would, when needed, help them out a little. The checker seemed to be higher functioning then the bagger (made eye contact, spoke to customers, etc) and seemed be doing a good job.

The transaction:
    Ezio:Me
    Checker

Both of us do the customery "Hi" and she starts scanning the items. I swipe my card and the total goes to zero.

C:You need to swipe your card.
    I hold up my store card.
    E: I already did. These items are free.
    C: But it says to swipe your card.
    E: I work at store in X town and we get these items for free.
    C: Oh, okay.

She finishes the transaction and the bagger puts them in a bag. Neither one of them is in anyway sucky, its the job coach.

The bitch is giving me the "Glare of Death". Not saying a word, just glaring. I don't know if it's because I threw a wrench in their training (greet customer, scan items, do coupons/savings card, customers pay, give receipt, the end.) or she was having a bad day. But, jeez, as I was walking out I could feel her eyes on my back the whole way.

I would have said either "what?!?" or
    "is there a problem??"

But yea that job coach didn't need to glare at you like that.
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Could she have been one of those overprotective sorts that see bigotry everywhere? Not an excuse for wrong rude behavior, just an explanation.

Comment

As a job coach shouldn't she have been happy you pointed out that at that time those items were free with the card. That way the cashier would then know they were free for the next customer.
        If what doesn't kill me makes me stronger, I should be able to lift an 18 wheeler with my pinky toe.

Comment

Working...
        X