X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient ole cow at the bank..

PICTURE THE SCENE:

I was at the local branch of my bank (just had a quick cheque to deposit.. ugh to cheques).. I was 2nd in line, there were 2 tellers open, and both seemed to have fairly tricky transactions going on, one guy actually had 2 people helping him but I'm not sure if one was a trainee or not..

To the impatient cow in line behind me:

- You walked into the bank and almost immediately started complaining, it was almost as if it was habitual.. like breathing..

- Standing there raising your voice enough to be heard by staff & customers, complaining that they should have a manager helping, is passive aggressive.. If you want a manager, be a big girl and ASK for a manager.

- Who do I think I am? I'm the heavily pregnant woman in dire need of the bathroom who's been waiting patiently & quietly for 5-10 mins for my turn. Who are you that you couldn't wait even 2 mins before getting into a tizzy?

- No I don't work in a bank, I don't need to work in a bank to know that you are rude & impatient.

- Face it love, obviously if they could get a manager or someone else to come out and help, they would. Do you really think the staff enjoy having to listen to you bitch and moan? Do you think it's a sport for them?

As the saying goes, "Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine" Translation... If you are in a hurry, come back when you have more time, and next time plan your day a little better!

and yes I actually said all of this to her, you should have seen the Cat Bum Face I got in reponse... Priceless!!

P.S- I actually called the branch after I left to speak to a manager to say what lovely service I received, just in case that cow complained... the lady I spoke to actually overheard us and was very pleased that I called.. and very surprised.. Guess they're not used to compliments..
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

If the bank was one of the Big Four (Westpac, Commonwealth, NAB and ANZ), I wouldn't be surprised that she's not used to compliments...
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      If the bank was one of the Big Four (Westpac, Commonwealth, NAB and ANZ), I wouldn't be surprised that she's not used to compliments...
      Yes it was.. the one with a blue logo..

I think most people in any sort of retail/customer service role are suprised when they hear a compliment.. People are so quick to complain, and rarely take the time to pass on anything nice.. I try to make a point and pass on any praise I have, no matter how small..
      "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Quoth Beckpatton View Post
        I think most people in any sort of retail/customer service role are suprised when they hear a compliment.. People are so quick to complain, and rarely take the time to pass on anything nice.. I try to make a point and pass on any praise I have, no matter how small..
        I remember once that I was in a supermarket & the place was heaving. Despite that, every member of staff I spoke to was friendly & helpful, & had a real smile (not one of those fake, plastic "I must smile!" smiles you can see a mile off). On the way out after paying, I walked by the manager. I asked if he minded if I had a quick word, & the poor guy looked really nervous. Then I said that, despite the crowds, I'd had a really good shopping experience because his staff had really performed well under pressure. The look of shock on his face as he said thank-you was priceless!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Beckpatton View Post
          Yes it was.. the one with a blue logo..

Indeed we are shocked everytime because we are used to complaints.
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I'd turn to her. "You think your day has been bad? I'm stuck in a line and this old bat just wouldn't shut up, and she gave me a huge headache!"

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post

I remember once that I was in a supermarket & the place was heaving. Despite that, every member of staff I spoke to was friendly & helpful, & had a real smile (not one of those fake, plastic "I must smile!" smiles you can see a mile off). On the way out after paying, I walked by the manager. I asked if he minded if I had a quick word, & the poor guy looked really nervous. Then I said that, despite the crowds, I'd had a really good shopping experience because his staff had really performed well under pressure. The look of shock on his face as he said thank-you was priceless!
              I once did that at McDonald's. I called the manager and the district manager (who worked out of that store) over and told them I wanted to talk to them about the service I had received from one of their staff (who looked slightly terrified at the time.) I then proceeded, within earshot of the staff member in question, to tell them that I believed she should be retained at all costs and given a raise in pay, and be considered for management opportunities in future.

You could have lit Cleveland for a week with her smile.

Comment

My mom's little bank likes to send call-surveys about the days she came in.

One day, there was only one teller working. Apparently everyone had called in sick but her and the manager. The manager stood there and apologized for the wait to everyone coming in. The teller worked her butt off.

Mom gave her the best score ever, and left a comment saying only: "She did the best she could, but the manager could have helped."

Comment

As a bank teller myself, it doesn't matter how well you plan things out, sometimes you have to just wait. There's no way to know that while there are 2 tellers one on drive thru and one of lobby that Joe Blow is going to come in, ask 500 questions over and over again, then do 6 different things that could have all been done at once, but since he refused to tell you up front that he's doing a "deposit to savings, checking, loan and credit card payment, all in cash but also wants to take out cash as well (at least half of the cash he just deposited), and needs to put some money into his friend's account, oh and don't forget he needs to send money via western union (which takes 10mins alone), now he needs to buy 3 money orders, 2 cashier checks but wants to bitch about the fee's" you are stuck doing things one at a time wasting your time and the 20 people in the lobbies time as well. Yes that was an actual transaction I did just the other day with one teller on lunch so there was only 2 of us working. Took me 20mins to do all of that and there was nothing I could do to speed up the process.

Yeah I've learned really quickly to get a short run down of what transactions are going to take place if someone says "I have a lot of different things today" because sometimes what the customer thinks is the "easiest" way of doing something isn't.

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
                    One day, there was only one teller working. Apparently everyone had called in sick but her and the manager. The manager stood there and apologized for the wait to everyone coming in. The teller worked her butt off.

Mom gave her the best score ever, and left a comment saying only: "She did the best she could, but the manager could have helped."
                    Is it possible that manager was not certified or qualified to work as a teller?
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      I would hope every manager working at a bank is qualified/certified to work as a teller. When I used to have a checking account with America's Worst Bank Ever, I would usually go to fabulous branch. If the line was really long the manager/greeter would pull people out of the line and complete their (non-cash) transactions.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                        I would hope every manager working at a bank is qualified/certified to work as a teller.
                        I would also hope the manager is qualified to do teller work, but it's possible the banks nowadays hire 21-year-old smiles with college degrees and no understanding of how banks work to be their managers.

Hey! Just like retail!
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                          I once did that at McDonald's. I called the manager and the district manager (who worked out of that store) over and told them I wanted to talk to them about the service I had received from one of their staff (who looked slightly terrified at the time.) I then proceeded, within earshot of the staff member in question, to tell them that I believed she should be retained at all costs and given a raise in pay, and be considered for management opportunities in future.

You could have lit Cleveland for a week with her smile.
                          there weren't any sucky customers there, but i remember one young lad at the local arby's who was obviously brand new - first day i think. so he had mistakes, but he was trying.

i think his smile did the same thing when, on the way out, i made sure to ring the bell loud and clear. (the one here has a bell you ring if you get good service - it lets the manager know something went well).

Comment

Working...
                          X