Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i was dx'ed with Aspbergers i want to a local support group. this local group sold my name and adress to an autism charity and i used to get called all the time (at least once a week) asking for money.

after about 4 months the calls stopped when i yelled at them "My autism is a blessing and i don't believe in curing it. please leave me alone as i will not donate to anywhere supporting a cure"
    The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Please edit quotes

I remember some time ago on somewhere else someone trying to make out that since they were typing in the US, the freedom of speech stuff applied no matter where the server was. Took me a while to stop laughing.
      If I start my OWN website in the U.S. I say whatever I want on it pretty much since I OWN it.

But if I am posting on someone else's website, I am not protected by free speech amendments.

Seems simple enough to me...
      Last edited by Ree; 03-31-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Free Speech does not protect her right to come onto private property and bug people.
        Now that I think about it, she was lobbying for a reaction to the income tax going up in Chesterfield. I just had to grin at her, and tell her, "I don't live in Chesterfield, I just work here." She moved on to Homophobic AM, he tells her the same. And back into the story where she just stood outside the door.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
          If I start my OWN website in the U.S. I say whatever I want on it pretty much since I OWN it.
          Exactly. I do whatever I want on my sites. If people don't like it, well, they don't have to read it. It doesn't stop them from sending me nasty emails though...to most of which I reply with a simple "fuck you"
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X