This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap Addict is the Stupid one.

I know I am going to see a post about this later, so I might as well be the first one. I was "that" guy today. You know, the completly clueless and stupid phone customer that didn't get there crap together before they called. You know the one.

It's payday today, and I called the bank to transfer my truck payment out of my newly deposited check and into savings where it can sit untill the bill comes. I have my checkbook with me, but I left the savings account book at home. No biggie, as much as I hate to do it, I can have the girl look up that account number. So I called, explained that I needed her to research the account number, all while apologizing profusely. To do that she needed my SSN.

Nice Bank Gir: Ok, what is your SSN so I can look that account up?
    Me: Uhhh................

I finally regained my senses and stuttered it out. She asked for the checking account number. In true SC fashion, I hadn't bothered to take it with me when I went to the corridor to conduct my buissness. I know that one by heart.........like I know my SSN by heart. I choked again. Again, I apologized so many times- I briefly considered telling her to just forget it and I would call back......but I didn't. I ran back through the building begging the bank girl for her forgivness as I dug my account number out. We completed the transaction, and I hung up, tail between my legs and feeling like a huge jerk.

Then it hit me. Rather than having her take the money FROM checking and INTO savings, I instructed her to take the money FROM savings and INTO checking.

I am offically an idiot. But I waited a little while before I called back, hoping against hope that I would get some one else this time. Nope! Same girl. So I let her know that I was needing to do another funds transfer (ironicly for double the amount of the first one.....hmmm). I had remembered my account number this time (the savings one came to me as well) and lo and behold, I started to give her the wrong directions AGAIN.

Finally after 2 more tries we got it right. I apologized for being so stupid, but I think she had enough of my idiocy for the day. I don't blame her. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this transaction, that I do at least twice a month, was so difficult today. I was so embarassed and I felt so bad wasting her time.

I couldnt bear to read a story about myself later, so I posted it first!
    Well fiddle dee dee!!

eh, we all have an off day. i wouldn't worry too much about it. Better to be slightly annoying than totally rude.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

This is why I like to do transfers on the computer or the ATM. All the info is right there. And I don't have to talk to anyone.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-24-2007, 11:45 PM. Reason: typo
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        This is why I like to do transfers on the computer or the ATM. All the info is right there. And I don't have to talk to anyone.
        you and me both. yes folks, i am horribly anti-social
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Yeah. Wow. I'd never do it on the phone. Scary.
          Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

Small town bank. I don't think they even offer online anything.
            Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

I've had similar "prove-I'm-born-a-blonde" moments, myself.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                i am horribly anti-social
                Can't imagine, with a tag like Katie Kaboom.
                Her family knows that any time soon,
                Their little lady Katie,
                Goes...
                Last edited by Imogene; 03-27-2007, 06:27 AM. Reason: KABOOOM!
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

The problem with these duhh moments is that the older you get the more frequent they are. I went to buy stamps yesterday morning and walked up to the counter holding the open umbrella over my head.

Raps, I had to edit this thing 4 times until I figured out why the word s t i l l was being filtered to storture rack and o f f i c e to iron maiden. I'm guessing they 'celebrate' April Fools Day in the UK? Good one!
                  Last edited by bigjimaz; 04-01-2007, 11:59 AM.
                  This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                  X