This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from the workplace

My husband just started a new job, he's working at the 5th floor of a building. A coworker calls him over and tells him to look outside.
    He sees a naked man. Washing himself by throwing a bucket of water over him on the street. This apparently happens on a daily basis.
    It's no customer of theirs, but still

Hum... and no one has complained about this? If an exhibitionist is roaming free, I would call the cops. I don't need to see anyone's junk and I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't want to see either. That is why they are called PRIVATE parts.

Or am I just an old coot who needs to chill and live it up a little?
    It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Quoth Cecily View Post
      Hum... and no one has complained about this? If an exhibitionist is roaming free, I would call the cops. I don't need to see anyone's junk and I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't want to see either. That is why they are called PRIVATE parts.

Or am I just an old coot who needs to chill and live it up a little?
      No I agree. On a public street I really don't want to see anyone's junk either. In a setting where nudity is expected that's one thing. But in this case? go find a bathroom somewhere for fuck's sake.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
        On a public street I really don't want to see anyone's junk either.
        Says the person who lives where the law on public nudity is "it's legal as long as it's not being done to sexually arouse someone, it's classified as protected free speech."

Don't believe me, ask the Portland Police
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Even though my office is in a shitty neighborhood, we haven't seen public nudity yet. All we have to deal with is puke on the sidewalk. For the most part, the neighborhood crackheads keep to themselves. Only one we have to worry about, is the one that lives in the apartment building next door.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've gotten an update and better description from husband.
            He sais the street is only viewable from tall buildings, it's connected to the main road with a very small dead-end sidestreet (too small for cars, only bycicles and pedestrians) and apparently his building and one other have a view on that street, for everyone else it's blocked from view. (Well, apart from those who have a backdoor that leaves at that street - maybe 3-4 houses each side)
            Still....

Comment

hmm. i originally thought maybe it was a homeless guy but with the mention of the houses, i'm wondering if he lives there and just doesn't realize - or perhaps doesn't care - that he's visible to the buildings.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                Says the person who lives where the law on public nudity is "it's legal as long as it's not being done to sexually arouse someone, it's classified as protected free speech."

Oh I believe it and I knew it applied to women being topless anyway. But thankfully no one takes advantage of it for day to day public stuff, it's just for limited events

Comment

~ I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my biiiiiiiike ~

...Hrm. I used to own the vinyl of that album ("Jazz") -- It even had the certificate in it, offering a free copy of the ...special....bike race mentioned in the song (which the linked race may have been a tribute to). It was years too late to redeem it, tho, and I wound up giving the album to a friend whom I knew would appreciate it, as a present
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

finally clicked the portland link.
                    ... o wait, it's from june. Ah. That's better. I was thinking "in February? are they nuts?" but then I read the dates.

heh.

Comment

Why can't they wash like normal homeless... at the library?

(Scurry away like rat avoiding OED swat team.)
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Why can't they wash like normal homeless... at the library?

(Scurry away like rat avoiding OED swat team.)
                        Yeah I think you better run with that one

Comment

Actually it's a lot more complicated.

Oregon state law pretty much says nudity of either sex is fine as long as you aren't doing anything "sexual".

Portland's laws are a bit more restrictive and exposure of male genitals is illegal regardless of whether or not any arousal or whatever is going on.

But a court decision ruled that even male (non-sexual) nudity is ok as long as it's part of a protest.

Since the World Naked Bike Ride *is* a protest, it's legal.

And the cops (and the DA) have better things to do, so if some random guy goes wandering around naked, they'll just ask him to put on some pants or shorts. And that's generally the end of it.

If the guy refuses, then things can get interesting.

And if he's jacking off or obviously trying to harass people *then* it falls under public indecency.

Comment

Working...
                          X