This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that's not your breakfast.

I was on my way home this morning around 11AM and stopped in at a Cumberland Farms to get a soda for the ride (about an hour). On a whim I grabbed two Cadbury Creme Eggs (1 for me 1 for my bestie) and headed towards the register.

The cashier took one look at my purchases and said "I sincerely hope that this isn't your breakfast."

I told her it wasn't, paid, and left. But then it dawned on me that that was an incredibly rude question. Whether or not that's my breakfast was none of her damn business!

Someone clearly had a brain-to-mouth filter failure.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-03-2013, 10:20 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Agreed. I see people coming in with soda, chips and candy at 9am, but here's the thing. I don't say my thoughts out loud.

Still, it makes me wish that Aid of Rite sold healthier breakfast options, or, sometimes, had a kiosk with fruit.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Back in my dancing days, my usual Saturday morning breakfast before class was a 3-pack of Reece's and a 20-oz Mt Dew. Breakfast of champions.

Still none of the cashier's business if it was your actual breakfast or not.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
        Back in my dancing days, my usual Saturday morning breakfast before class was a 3-pack of Reece's and a 20-oz Mt Dew. Breakfast of champions.
        While we're starting to see the emergence of Reese's Pieces and Hershey Bars in some shops in Australia (in addition to the various imported candy shops that have sprung up), my question is "Who the heck combines chocolate and peanut butter?"
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Argh, I hate when people don't keep comments to themselves. So what if that's what you want to eat? It's not their business.

Quoth fireheart View Post
          my question is "Who the heck combines chocolate and peanut butter?"
          Geniuses

I force myself to buy Reese's sparingly or else I'd eat waaay too much lol. The last time I bought some was when Halloween stuff went on sale. So yummy. I prefer the cups to the pieces.

Comment

My brother likes the cups; I always thought they were too salty, though.

Comment

Depends on the tone, IMO. If the tone was friendly and joking I personally would have no problem with that. Meant seriously I would have said "None of your damn business."

Heck, for almost two months after xmas I worked overnight, so while workers were hitting my c store for coffee and breakfast I was buying beer and pizza to unwind after work.

Comment

"Who the heck combines chocolate and peanut butter?"
                Someone who is an absolute genius! Best movie food ever, in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and Fireheart, if you want try some US food, there's always USA Foods in melbourne. They ship stuff all over the country.
                Last edited by aulocksmith; 03-04-2013, 12:12 AM.
                Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Personally I would have said ' nope it's my before bed snack. going to bed when I get home since I work third shift.' in my snootiest 'what business is it of your' tone.

Fire heart - try them. dare ya

Comment

You're kidding, right?
                    I can't think of two flavours that were more meant for each other.
                    One enhances the other.

When I do my fancy baking for special occasions, I have several different recipes that combine chocolate and peanut butter.

As for the actual topic of the thread, it was a judgmental and thoughtless thing to say, but it may have just been her way of trying to make conversation.
                    She failed!
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Reese's peanut butter cups are probably my favorite kind of candy.

Now they have the peanut butter eggs, which are even better because they contain more peanut butter. I currently have a bag of them stashed away.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        I was on my way home this morning around 11AM and stopped in at a Cumberland Farms to get a soda for the ride (about an hour). On a whim I grabbed two Cadbury Creme Eggs (1 for me 1 for my bestie) and headed towards the register.

The cashier took one look at my purchases and said "I sincerely hope that this isn't your breakfast."
                        Smartass answer: "Of course they aren't - I'll be buying that at the liquor store".
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                          Agreed. I see people coming in with soda, chips and candy at 9am, but here's the thing. I don't say my thoughts out loud.

Still, it makes me wish that Aid of Rite sold healthier breakfast options, or, sometimes, had a kiosk with fruit.
                          I admit, there were some combos on the conveyor belt that I wanted to comment on, but... I mean, the ol' filter got a serious work out when one girl put on the belt, bananas, condoms and whipped cream. Or the guy with the condoms and cucumbers. I am proud to say that the filter held and I didn't even bat a lash at either transaction. It's not any of my business what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms....

I can and will eat popcorn for breakfast. Not healthy, but if I must eat of an early morning, then that's the promissory note to eat a proper meal by at least 10am. Or if I'm lucky and can get my stomach to tolerate it, I'll have chocolate milk. I don't like plain milk. Someone commenting on either would get the look of the undead. Or the barfy look. Neither bode well for the person commenting... I am NOT a morning person.
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
                            Someone who is an absolute genius! Best movie food ever, in my opinion.

Edit: Oh, and Fireheart, if you want try some US food, there's always USA Foods in melbourne. They ship stuff all over the country.
                            There are a couple of lolly shops in Adelaide that sell that stuff.

There's one chain known as Blackebys, which has expanded since I last heard. They were originally off of Rundle Mall (and have been in the same place for years apparently) but now they've expanded into the markets as well as a shop north and south of the city. There's another kiosk that popped up nearby too.

Both of them sell US and UK treats. I will go there for two things:

1) The pick n mix jelly bellys dispenser. I love my red and green apple.
                            2) Grape. Soda.

I have had Hawaiian Punch before-not too bad.

I might see if I can pick up some stuff that I keep hearing about on the forum but haven't been able to try (grits and cornbread for example )
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I might see if I can pick up some stuff that I keep hearing about on the forum but haven't been able to try (grits and cornbread for example )
                              No a real southern treat is grits, fishsticks and a sweet tea
                              Lay your hands upon me
                              Like an angel from above
                              Put your arms around me,
                              'Cause you're fallin'

Comment

Working...
                              X