This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Decider

My first SCish story in a while and it is not even properly mine. I think I've had a severe lack of caring for quite a while now but this one sort of stuck out when it was relayed to me a few days ago. Co-worker answered the phoneto a customer who swiftly reeled off a massive list of items and then declared he would be paying X price for all of it. Essentially this price would be unheard of, even with maximum discounts/special deals. Despite this, he continued to get angry with my co-worker, demanding that she WOULD sort it for the price he stated. After all, there's nothing like threats to endear yourself to staff.

Ugh, menus are not a suggestion - they are the price you pay. We are nice and will put your order through in the cheapest way we can...if you quote it/qualify/even deserve it at times. Otherwise you suffer the as-yet not official arsehole tax.

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
    We are nice and will put your order through in the cheapest way we can...if you quote it/qualify/even deserve it at times. Otherwise you suffer the as-yet not official arsehole tax.
    Well, this SC certainly did NOT deserve a discount of any kind And yes, the AT is definitely called-for in this case. It really would be nice to be able to enact one of those on a national level...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It's another version of the old favorite, "That's what I paid last time! And I'm not paying a cent more this time!"

Bonus points if "last time" was 15 years ago. Double bonus points if you can look up the transaction and PROVE they paid more than they remember paying.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X