This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Self-Sighting at the BK Lounge

So I set out from home on my way to work today and decide to hit up the "BK Lounge" for lunch. I haven't frequented the Lounge in a while until a few weeks ago, when I was delighted to find that their "Tots o' Cheese" (tater tots with cheese in them) had been added back to the menu.

So I go to the Lounge and order a burger and some Tots o' Cheese... and get informed that they're out of them. I'm disappointed, but there's another BK Lounge that I think I can hit up instead, so I just pull through the drive-thru and go to the second BK Lounge.

At Lounge #2, I wait in line at the drive-thru, place the same order, get my total, and pull up to the first window. The worker there gives me my total again, I had him a $10 bill, and then a manager sticks her head in and informs me that they're out of Tots o' Cheese as well.

I admit, I get a bit peeved at this, but I change my order to onion rings instead. They give me my change (which is more than it would have been, since they changed how much I was being charged with the change from tots to rings), I pull up to the next window to get my food. I pull into a nearby parking lot to eat and...

I have fries, not onion rings.

I'll admit, I saw red and started cussing up a storm in my car. Because I'd taken away some time from my commute that I really shouldn't have shaved off in order to come to Lounge #2, and the manager hadn't informed the worker at the drive-thru that they were out of tots, and then they'd gotten my order wrong.

I went back to the Lounge, parked, got out and went in, originally intending to just ask for my money back, and I'd go get lunch from the "N'Awlins Chicken" next door. I was still pretty steamed as I marched up to the counter.

Fortunately, my asshole switch must have toggled off in that moment, because I just asked them to get me the onion rings I'd asked for. They offered the fries for free in addition to the rings, but I declined, took my food, and left.

For the record, I don't usually go to BK Lounge #2-- our family doesn't have a good track record with them, they've screwed up orders before, and the quality just isn't as good as at Lounge #1. Let's just say this incident today doesn't make it likely I'll go to them again in the future.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

i wish more people did that. although you were furious, you turned the anger switch off.

so i'm giving you a ...

Comment

I agree with Pepper Elf.

Comment

I've been screwed over like that before, so I always make a point of checking the contents of the bag before I drive off. Saves a lot of problems.

But I haven't felt like going to BK since they got rid of the chicken fries

Comment

Yeah, the main reason I stopped going to BK Lounge for lunch on work days is because N'Awlins Chicken offers their medium-sized drinks in foam cups, not the paper/plastic ones that the Lounge uses. Keeps my drink from 'sweating' on my desk at work.

I liked the chicken fries, too, but not as much as the tots o' cheese.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Welp, I gave these guys another chance. And they let me down.

Yesterday, I had to go pick up some pants I'd had altered before going out to the movies with friends. On my way out, I swung by the gas station to fill up and then decided to get lunch. I wanted to eat in the car on the way to the department store, so that gave me two realistic options: "N'Awlins Chicken" or the "BK Lounge," the same one from the OP here.

I said to myself, "I'll give the Lounge here one more chance..."

As I'm pulling up to the order box, I see they're still advertising the Loaded Tater Tots, so I place my order-- 5pc chicken strips, large loaded tater tots, and a medium Diet Coke. Nope, wait, they're out of the Loaded Tater Tots. Why am I not surprised? So I swap that for a medium onion rings instead.

For the record-- that made my order a 5pc Chicken Strips, medium onion rings, and a medium Diet Coke.

I pull up to the window, pay, and then up to the next window. They hand through the food, then the soda, and I pull out to get on the road.

I'm at the traffic light when I reach into the bag to start in on the onion rings... but there's fries instead. Small fries.

And when I take a sip of the soda, it was Dr. Pepper.

I started cussing about this, and almost turned around, but I decided "Fuck it, I'll live with it, but I'm not going back there again."

So I'm eating the fries as I get on the highway to go up to the mall where the department store is, and after I've finished the fries, I'm getting ready to start in on the chicken strips... but instead I find a CHIPOTLE-STYLE BURGER. Which I can't eat, because it'll disagree with me something fierce.

So, they'd gotten my order COMPLETELY WRONG. They'd obviously handed me someone else's order, but by the time I fully realized the extent of the error, I'd already eaten part of it.

It wasn't even like it was that busy. There were maybe three cars in the lot, and only one car ahead of me in the drive-thru.

TL;DR-- I'm never going to that BK Lounge again.

Comment

Sounds like the average "Red-haired girl with the square burgers" drive-thru to me o_O

Back home where said aforementioned chicken joint originated, the RedHair drive-thrus are notorious for being horribly incompetent, even at locations where their inside service is really, really good. I'm talking about a 50% or worse wrong order rate at the worst of them. One in particular managed to screw up what my Dad used to call a "Businessman's Lunch" -- small frosty, large fries. HOW DO YOU F^#% THAT UP?!? O_O
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X