This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, Yelling Isn't Enough

Apparently yelling at me while I'm on foot isn't enough. Now it seems the drivers want to commit vehicular homicide.

I was crossing the road to go to lunch when this in a black Jaguar decides that he is too good to let me cross while he was turning left. The stop light was in my favor; the cross traffic was stopped; and I was in the crosswalk. This guy I had to stop walking to let him pass so I didn't get run over. This guy had no excuse.

1. He violated state law.
    2. I am a rather large tall man.
    3. The dud was looking at me the entire time and didn't wait 15 seconds for me to get across.

At least the pickup truck waited for me when I returned to work.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Have this all the time at the intersection near work. Traffic turning left doesn't stop for pedestrians. They even installed a sign reminding drivers to yield to pedestrians, but no luck. Actually...traffic turning left from that side doesn't like stopping for cars that have right-of-way either. We had a guest get t-boned there, and several guests have complained of near-misses, both as pedestrians and as drivers crossing the intersection there.

The best time was in broad daylight a couple Halloweens ago. I was walking to work while wearing large and glittery fairy wings and some guy still almost ran me over.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

had it happen in the big city to the south here... except that a cop was right behind the driver & turned the siren on when the driver tried turning anyway.

i don't know if they got a ticket or not - all i know is that we were able to cross unhampered after that.

Comment

Working...
      X