This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• way to set an example senator

So, heading in to work tonight, I got on the freeway, was going along, doing my thing (using cruise control in the city, which shut up, I know, not a good habit to have), when this guy comes up out of nowhere and starts tailgating me, refusing to go around. When we got to a construction zone, I slowed down to the construction limit, which apparently infuriated this guy, because he flew around me (in an area that is posted, stay in lane), and proceeded to go at least 75 maybe 80 in a 55 zone.
    Best part, he had state senate plates on his car.
    Glad to see our elected officials setting a good example
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

He's setting the perfect example for the way they think. "I MAKE the laws. They don't apply to ME!"

And of course, no cop (or damn few, anyway) would dare pull him over.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

You know... in a case like that it might not be bad to bring it up with the local media. It could be an interesting editorial piece at least.

ESPECIALLY since the lower speed limits in construction areas normally carry double-fines and are in place to protect the lives of the workers.

Comment

Working...
      X