Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah, the sweet sound of metal crunching in the evening!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, the sweet sound of metal crunching in the evening!

Thankfully this story is not about me, but rather about the benefit of paying attention to one's surrounds. So gather round Aunty Katherine's knees, boys and girls (seriously, I'm sitting here with a tartan rug around my shoulders and my greying hair in desperate need of a new colour rinse as well as a body falling apart at the seams; I could not look any more unintentionally geriatric) and I will relate for you a sad tale.

I am in the southern hemisphere and so it's getting pretty dark of an evening these days. I leave work around 5.15pm and don't get home until six, so after the sun has gone down. And in the dim and distant past I have had reason to learn the value of driving very carefully once the happy daylight hours have fled.

This being the case, I was being very careful and leaving my usual decent distance between myself and the car in front since I have learned to my cost the value of not moving from a dead stop until you are positive that the car(s) ahead have a clear road and are not going to do anything stupid. Like not move.

Sadly this lesson had not been learned by the car in the lane beside me. He moved. Unfortunately the car at the front of the lane (three cars ahead of our foolish boy) did not. I only heard one car hit another, so I don't know if there was a knock-on effect, but having seen how close they all were to one another, I think it's really quite possible.

So one of our noble towing friends of Arga's ilk would doubtless have had to pay this location a very valuable (to them) visit. Meanwhile I was just thankful to be able to get away with any holdups on my part.
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

If this was on the ring road near the Craigieburn bypass, then there were 4 cars involved and added an extra 30 minutes to my 20 minute drive home.

Comment

No, it was on North Road in Caulfield South. Sorry to hear that there was more than one idiot in that situation on Thursday!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Working...
      X