This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brand new car

So I had gotten a job, and back in December I had purchased a 2013 Kia Forte. My second week on the job, I come back to my car and the passenger side tail light is busted open and my fender and bumper are all beat up.

No insurance information.

At that point I was still on my mother's insurance.

1000 dollar deductible.

Is it any small wonder why it hasn't been fixed yet?

(Car still runs fine, it just looks bad from the back)

Ohh how annoying!!! People are just idiots, wasn't there anyone who saw anything??

Comment

Man, that sucks. Hit and run drivers are assholes.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Quoted for truth. That sucks.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Yes they are. Last month, my brother bought a brand-new Toyota pickup. He'd always wanted a truck, and since his shitbox Saturn was finally dead, he got what he wanted. He had the truck a whopping *2 days* when some asshole backed into it. The impact left a nice big dent in the door, which cost about $2k to fix...and the driver took off. Bastard.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Yournotimportant View Post
            Ohh how annoying!!! People are just idiots, wasn't there anyone who saw anything??
            The problem was that there were two places it could have happened that day. Both parking lots on base.

The real irony is that if I had switched to my insurance plan the Friday before, my deductible for an uninsured driver being at fault? 250 dollars.

Comment

Oh that sucks. I've had my "new" car (2010 Camry) about a month and as my last crappy POS car had door dings all up and down both sides, from from to back, when I go home, I park far away in my complex's lot. thankfully, i live near the back end, so there is a lot of parking that isn't used. i also try and park next to the nicer cars; i figure the guy with the nice black Lexus is going to be just as concerned about his doors as I am mine, and hopefully won't smash into my car.

Comment

My husband's (new to us, its a 2000) Volvo wagon was in a hit and run while he was on vacation.

Comment

Every car I've owned has been the victim of a hit and run. My Buick had a front panel caved in. Was an old car and didn't affect the driving, so it was never repaired. My Mazda got a nice dent in a rear panel, that I learned to live with. My Toyota? I've had 4 hit and runs on my car, not counting minor door dings. The biggest was about 2K of damage that crunched two doors. Before I could even get that fixed, some a-hole gouged my fender in a parking lot. After my car once again looked pristine, a neighbor left a nice smear of paint on my bumper and then some a-hole hit me while I was parked at a light and kept on going. Stolen plates, so good luck ever catching the jerk. Now granted I've owned the Toyota 8-1/2 years, so this has happened over a span of time, but still. The last two (minor-ish) issues I never bothered to fix, because my deductible is high.

My Toyota keeps me grounded. Every time I consider looking for a new vehicle, a new ding or dent reminds me that a new car wouldn't be "new" for long.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    My Toyota keeps me grounded. Every time I consider looking for a new vehicle, a new ding or dent reminds me that a new car wouldn't be "new" for long.
                    My Toyota is in a similar state. 6 years have seen it get scraped on both sides, nudged in the rear (first by some asshole in a Saab, second time by someone attempting to "park by braille"), and someone backed into the front end this morning. Seriously? Throw in the dents all over the roof and trunk lid from a hailstorm, the scratches all over the hood from some asshole sitting on it, and I've given up. I take care of my vehicles, but given the driving abilities of the crackheads near the office, I don't worry too much about appearances. With that said, there's no way I'd buy a new car with those conditions
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X