Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me again why I can't have hood mounted rocket launcher?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me again why I can't have hood mounted rocket launcher?

Was on my way home from work yesterday via the highway (yay employment!), when I found my self behind two pickups, one in each lane, and both were keeping pace and going slower than everybody else, which is really saying something on Denver's I-270 during rush hour, since it's usually a parking lot. I notice that the one in the left lane is inching slowly over into the right lane next to the one in front of me (I'm in the right lane). My first thought was, "Fuck, I'm going to have to stand witness for an accident between two putzes (after my accident last year, in which two witnesses stuck around, I've vowed to stick around if I ever witness one myself)."

As I'm thinking this, I see a small silver can-shaped object get thrown from the window of the truck in front of me, over to the other one. I can't think of any soda cans that were that shiny, and given that we've got July 4th today, I think I can safely bet that it was a beer, so we've got two drivers, performing unsafe maneuvers and impeding the flow of traffic while (probably) intoxicated. Lovely.
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Quoth Skrae View Post
    Tell me again why I can't have hood mounted rocket launcher?
    Because it would increase the amount of air resistance and your fuel economy would go down.

Comment

This is why I, instead of wanting a 007-style rocket launcher in my car, want the ability to telekinetically hurl people into the sun.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

In these situations, a cell phone goes a long way. Call 911, say "drunk driver" and the cops seem to appear out of no where. I would like to add a dash cam to that too.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

If i cant have one,neither can you....fairs fair

Comment

The "hit" to fuel economy from the extra drag shouldn't be enough to stop you "customizing" your car in this manner - I'd be more worried about the backblast of rocket exhaust hitting the windshield.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I'd be more worried about the backblast of rocket exhaust hitting the windshield.
              I'd be more worried about the debris on the road, or damage to the road myself.

Comment

This is why I tell friends and family....I want a tank. Not a new one, I want a Sherman Firefly VC, you know, just in case.
                Frying pans! Who knew, right?

Comment

Quoth paintballworker View Post
                  ....I want a tank...
                  To drive to school... for the bullies... and those visits to the principal's (now) drive-in office...

Bruce Cockburn sang it:

... some S O B would die ...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    To drive to school... for the bullies... and those visits to the principal's (now) drive-in office...
                    Just make sure you have bail money stashed away before you decide to drive-in the Principal's office and a phone number for your best buddy 'cause your parents may not want to know you after getting that kind of phone call.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      The "hit" to fuel economy from the extra drag shouldn't be enough to stop you "customizing" your car in this manner - I'd be more worried about the backblast of rocket exhaust hitting the windshield.
                      Put it on the roof; easier to mount (roof racks are available for so many vehicles), no impairment to visibility, optional aiming capability if you wanted, ...
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                      X