This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three in a row?!

So I went to the movies yesterday. This is not unusual. I go to the movies every Saturday. But this time I went up to Tyson's Corner, because I like the theater there. Afterward, I'm leaving the garage, and have to navigate back out to the roads. Normally, I'd just turn right to save time, but they're doing some construction and have the road blocked off that way. So I have to turn left and take the long way around the garage to get back to where I need to be.

There's a three-way stop there. I'm being my usual impatient self ("come on, come on, the way is clear, you can go go go FUCKING GO") as I wait for the cars ahead of me to get clear.

Then, while there's still a car ahead of me, I see someone blatantly cruise through the stop sign from one direction. As I'm gaping at this, someone else runs the stop sign from the other direction. Car ahead of me goes through, so I pull up to the stop and check the road. I'm about to pull through when I see another car come blitzing up and run through the stop sign!

I nearly honked at that guy, but missed my horn, as I'd been part-way through the turn.

What the hell was going on with people last night?!

Especially annoying was that there was a cop car nearby for some medical emergency or other (there was an ambulance too), but they probably didn't see any of it.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

and even if they had, it's likely they couldn't have responded if they were still working the med scene.

but holy crap that's a lot of running the stop sign.

Comment

Working...
    X