This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the ditch

On my way to work yesterday morning, there was a Honda Element in the ditch. Not a little in the ditch. It was all the way in the ditch and looked about ready to tip over. Supervisor and I had the same idea: it probably was going too fast and had to swerve to avoid hitting a deer.

The police came by The Resort to check if the registered owner of the vehicle was with us and to ask us how long it had been there. Apparently, some local resident called up foaming at the mouth bitching about how it had been there for five days. Yeah, no way. It happened within 14 hours, between when Supervisor left the night before and when he showed up for that shift. (And after talking with Night Audit, they hadn't seen it when they left, so that narrowed down the window even further.) We told the officer that there was no way it had been there for longer than a day. He rolled his eyes and agreed. He's a really nice guy and it was a bit upsetting to know that someone was yelling and blatantly lying at him over that.

(The officer is having his honeymoon with us this weekend. Bossman wants us to "make it epic". So I hooked him up with the nicest suite in the house and we're gonna send so much free stuff to that room it's going to blow their minds! )
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Lucky bastard

But seriously, I have yet to see a highway that is littered with disabled vehicles for more than a few hours. They're usually removed as quickly as possible, so they aren't a hazard to other drivers.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

A couple months ago late at night my mom hears what she thinks is a car crash up the street (my parents live in the country). She looks out the front door but doesn't see any lights or anything. Next morning my dad is out front and notices up the street he sees something in the woods. Goes up the street and finds a red pickup deep into the woods. No body inside thankfully. Calls the cops, three show up, it was a slow morning. It was so far in, they had to cut down a couple trees to get the tow truck in far enough to pull it out. They figure whoever was driving passed out on the curve, truck went straight, and once they came too, just called someone to come get them.

Comment

Working...
      X