Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tow Files: Why Make Just ONE Massive Mistake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tow Files: Why Make Just ONE Massive Mistake?

It's not always the illegal parkers that will, like a ship's wheel mounted in the trousers of a pirate, drive me nuts...... sometimes, the regular people who screw up and need tows can make you long for a case of the bloody flux to strike them down.

Take this gentleman for example, he had himself a car accident. Those are pretty bad by themselves, but, this shining happy person went the extra mile.

If there was a checklist of "aggravating factors" that would make having a car accident worse that he was allowed to pick one from, well, he went down the whole column and checked them ALL off.

1. Rear-end another vehicle at fairly fast speeds to be sure you get tagged with the at-fault.

2. Almost push that vehicle ahead and into the vehicle IT was stopped for: A school bus.

3. Said bus had it's warning flashers on

4. Do not wear seatbelt, so that you bounce your head off the steering wheel, requireing the EMTs to be send out for you.

5. While wiating for EMTs, tell responding police officer the reason you hit the guy in front of you was because you weren't watching the road, you were looking down so you could tie your shoes...

6. Have a suspended license

7. Have no insurance

8. Have a car that's so old, it would've been totalled even if you HAD had insurance (A Dodge Aries? I didn't know there was even one of those LEFT to wreck... then again, it had a meager 260,000 miles on it..... the last 20 feet that odometer rolled were the REALLY tough ones it would appear, the car had no rust and not even a DENT, at least until it plowed into that other car...

9. Do this all with less than 10 minutes to go on my shift when I'm packing up my stuff...

10. Request we tow said car home for you, you have out of state plates.... Nope, you can send your guy to OUR place, that's where it'll be until then...

About the only thing good in all of that, he wasn't DUI, at least I don't think he was, we'll have to wait for toxicology, but at the rate he was going, it wouldn't surprise me if he was high as a kite for this whole misadventure.

Why me? I try to lead a good life ya know? Really, I do!!!! Why meeeeee!?!!!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

This must really be my week. New job's going well, and lots of Arga-posts!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The automotive equivalent of the customer you get five minutes before closing who wants to go over ALL the basic channels... (there's like 40, not including music) You have my sympathy.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Gee, I wonder why.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

5. While wiating for EMTs, tell responding police officer the reason you hit the guy in front of you was because you weren't watching the road, you were looking down so you could tie your shoes...
          Really? Tying his shoes? I just can't even. Brain dead.

Slightly off-topic, but still to do with a car accident... I noticed a CW was walking to work, when I remember that she previously had a car. It turns out that one day she got coffee at the Green Mermaid drive thru which is directly across the street from my work. As she was on her way out, she spilled coffee on herself and swerved into a lamp post, totaling her car.

She's very sweet, but we're all driving along side these people! The people who hit the gas when they spill coffee. The people who tie their shoes while driving with no insurance, a suspended license, around school buses. I was once riding in a car with the windows down and a hornet flew in. The woman driving literally shut her eyes, threw her hands up and started screaming while in heavy traffic.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            I was once riding in a car with the windows down and a hornet flew in. The woman driving literally shut her eyes, threw her hands up and started screaming while in heavy traffic.
            Must have been a big car. Are you sure it wasn't an Eagle, a Falcon, or a Tomcat? Or possibly a Rambler, a Pacer, a Javelin, or a Gremlin?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

4. Do not wear seatbelt, so that you bounce your head off the steering wheel, requireing the EMTs to be send out for you.

7. Have no insurance
              In my state #4 alone WILL get you a ticket. I'm guessing the combination of #6 and #7 are going to get this clown in some VERY serious trouble...

Comment

Screaming because of a hornet? Geesh my husband is allergic to them things and doesn't react like that.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  In my state #4 alone WILL get you a ticket. I'm guessing the combination of #6 and #7 are going to get this clown in some VERY serious trouble...
                  Good. Someone this stupid doesn't need to be driving. Give him a trip to the Greybar Hotel, and when he gets out take his license away for good and make him take the bus. Everybody else on the road will thank the police for that.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    I was once riding in a car with the windows down and a hornet flew in. The woman driving literally shut her eyes, threw her hands up and started screaming while in heavy traffic.
                    Something like this happened a few years ago out on Strawberry Hill except the insect was a bee. They went off the road and rolled down the aforementioned hill. Luckily for the couple one of the people who saw the accident was a nurse.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I had an unexpected hitch hiker the other day - tootling to work and I noticed movement on my window. It was a huntsman spider. He crawled down the window then made himself at home between the driver door and the sill - around 3 inches from my shoulder. I'm not arachnophobic but I was still trying to keep some space between me and him for the rest of the peak hour drive.

Anyone scared of spiders, read no further!

for reference - this is a huntsman. They're not harmful to humans but they look the part of every arachnophobe's nightmares. For once, an Aussie critter that's not gonna kill you (although they might scare you half to death)!

Comment

I had a slight freak out once while driving due to an unexpected hitchhiker. I did manage to keep ahold of myself until I got the car pulled over, but that had more to do with the fact that freaking out would have been more likely to induce the coral snake on my floorboard to bite.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                          I had an unexpected hitch hiker the other day - tootling to work and I noticed movement on my window. It was a huntsman spider. He crawled down the window then made himself at home between the driver door and the sill - around 3 inches from my shoulder. I'm not arachnophobic but I was still trying to keep some space between me and him for the rest of the peak hour drive.

Anyone scared of spiders, read no further!

for reference - this is a huntsman. They're not harmful to humans but they look the part of every arachnophobe's nightmares. For once, an Aussie critter that's not gonna kill you (although they might scare you half to death)!
                          Awww, he's cute! Would be a little startling to see close-up while driving, though.

I didn't know Australia had non-deadly spiders.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Stupidest reason for a car accident I ever heard of was an idiot who was eating a bowl of cereal while driving his motor home down a country road. He hit a telephone pole and totaled it. Tried to deny what he was doing but since milk and cereal were all over the interior of the van's front, nobody believed him. Best part? The phone company would have billed him for the replacement cost of the pole. I know this because friends of mine lived just off the road this happened on, and one of them worked for the phone company.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh they will, the phone company is a big believer in "you break it, you buy it"
                              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X