This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    From the terminology you're using, I assume you're a Brit, so this would be the equivalent of a right turn on this side of the pond.
    You'd be right. Your world and I mirror each other (see what I done there?) in these matters. A lot of shipping depots live in industrial estates here, and the people that build those can never be bothered to build full width roads with wide-radius turns.

My job takes me into a lot of these places. Believe me, the fun to be had turning a 40-foot tractor-trailer unit out of a one-truck-wide exit into a 1.5-truck-wide road, with cheesewits parked up the kerbs all the way along on both sides*... is almost as good as the fun I had watching, which is in turn second only to the fun I had afterwards, reversing back far enough to find a place for that truck to get past me.

*industrial units never have enough parking, rarely have any transport links besides driving in, so all the staff get to park on the roads.

Comment

Sounds like a special kind of "no parking" sign is needed near those tight corners. In addition to the "P" in the red circle with the slash, have a picture of a truck driving over a car, in a green circle.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Sounds like a special kind of "no parking" sign is needed near those tight corners. In addition to the "P" in the red circle with the slash, have a picture of a truck driving over a car, in a green circle.
        That is such a wonderful idea! Now does anyone know how to start a petition?
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
        X