This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lane. Not yours. MINE.

Yesterday I was out shopping and came to an intersection right in front of the shopping center I needed to enter. It's a four-way intersection with a traffic light, four-lane divided highway and 2 lanes going in and 2 out of the shopping centers on each side of the intersection. I was in the right lane prepared to make a right turn into the right lane of the entrance to the shopping center on my right side. I had a green light, so I proceeded to make my turn. Only to get honked at by a guy coming from the OPPOSITE direction as I was, making a LEFT turn, who apparently wanted the RIGHT lane immediately. Legally, the way to make this turn from his perspective is to turn in to the left lane and then merge right when he can, which would have required NO honking on his part. I guess he was too important and impatient to do things the correct way.

I almost wish he HAD hit me. I need a new car.

You have my sympathy. I've noticed a disturbing trend in roundabout use around here recently.

Background: In the UK we drive on the left-hand side of the road. Thus roundabouts operate in a clockwise direction. /background

When approaching a standard "crossroads" roundabout in the UK, unless there are signs and road-markings stating otherwise, if you're turning left or going straight on you approach in the left-hand land, and if you're turning right i.e. across traffic, then you approach in the right-hand lane.

Lately there have been multiple incidents where I've been following someone up to one of several roundabouts I cross to get to work, the person in front of me has moved into the right-hand lane, and I've moved into the left to go straight over. I've got part-way around the roundabout and suddenly get honked by the twit in the right-hand lane who's trying to come off on my exit. WTF? The Highway Code hasn't been re-written, I checked! Pay attention, you twits!
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
    X