This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Would be VERY interesting if, when the cop was trolling for speeders by riding someone's bumper, a ball rolled out from between 2 parked cars and the driver slammed on the brakes anticipating a child chasing after the ball.
    I heard about something like that happening once. I don't know where it happened, or if it's even a true story, but supposedly the local caps had some sort of remote control hooked up to the traffic light. They'd change it to yellow just as the car was coming up to the intersection, where there wasn't enough time to stop, and then change it to red before the car got through the intersection. Then a motorcycle cop would chase after the car and pull it over.

This scam worked great until one driver panicked and slammed on the brakes, and the cop's motorcycle slammed into the back of the car. The cop was hurt pretty bad, but eventually recovered. The scam came to light after that, and a lot of people got in deep trouble for it.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      I heard about something like that happening once. I don't know where it happened, or if it's even a true story, but supposedly the local caps had some sort of remote control hooked up to the traffic light....The scam came to light after that, and a lot of people got in deep trouble for it.
      I should hope so! Isn't it illegal to interfere with traffic lights?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sounds like the Hoyt Axton song "Speed Trap", except the song didn't have a motorcycle. The cop car in the song was a red Rolls Royce (but didn't rear-end anyone).
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Crai View Post
          On that stretch of road its locally called Kill-ya-Highway, The Semi's do not stop or slow down. if I had hit my breaks I would have had a semi drive over my little crap Toyota at the time. Id be a much flatter Crai lol. The Cop knew this and pulling over a rig is more of a pain than cars. So she would drop down the on ramp lock someone in the middle lane and just wait.
          I think PRJKT was referring to what s/he would have done in MadMike's scenario. Which is exactly what I would have done. The only thing riding my ass does is ensure I stick right on the speed limit.

Quoth prjkt View Post
          Someone riding up my tail? I'd have slowed down to a "safe" night driving speed
          Quoth MadMike View Post
          A cop did something like that to my brother once, ages ago. We went on an errand, and on our way back, a car came up behind us and started riding our tail. So my brother speeded up, and the car behind him did the same. So my brother speeded up some more, and car behind him did the same. Next thing we know, we see red and blue lights flashing behind us. It was dark at that point, so we couldn't see that it was a cop before.
          Quoth Crai View Post
          No it was a good question. And in retrospect now days i'm sure one would take it as a "I'm going to shoot you" comment I have also mellowed some since then. (Youth and temper not a good combo)

My CCW Class we were instructed to inform if armed. That was a long long time ago. I will have to go look the law up again.
          This is where you can see that my state, New Mexico, is still very much the wild wild west. We not only have concealed carry, we're also open carry. We don't even have to have our guns licensed or registered. And we can openly carry or conceal in our cars.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
            The cops in the town where we live in Illinois used to ride your bumper to try to get you to speed up (the speed limit in residential areas was 20).
            Cops here will do that, especially if there's a construction zone nearby. For example, if you live near Route 885, you're familiar with the mess near Homestead. Trust me, it sucks. Anyway, when I was leaving Homestead one night, I had a cop tail me. Why? Because he wanted to bust me for something stupid.

As usual, after I'd left the Waterfront shopping area, instead of going onto the main street (which sucks, due to traffic and lights), I used the parallel street instead. When I got to the stop light near the auto parts store, I stopped at the stop sign (there's a little ramp that goes to the right), moved up a bit so I could see better, and then went through it. No sooner do I go 100 feet, when the cop at the gas station comes flying out onto the main road behind me.

Even though I'm not going fast (Not even 25, still under the limit), he's right on my ass. Since I knew *exactly* what he was doing, I slowed down even further. No minimum speed in residential areas, so he could fuck off. I wasn't about to give that doughnut-chomping asshole a reason to bust me in the soon-to-be-reached construction zone (double or even quadrupled fines!) ahead.

Traffic light at the very end (Glenwood Bridge/Route 837/885 junction) turned green, I slowly started through it, and then the cop went the other way. He picked the ramp heading back into Homestead. As I thought, he was just looking for someone to bust.

Sadly, this crap is the rule, rather than the exception
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X