This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's like you want to go head-first into the stairwell

of the bus. So there's this lady at the stop on her phone. OK, fine, no problem there. She gets on before me but clearly her phonecall is distracting her too much because she's having trouble walking and then putting money into the fare box. I'm a bit irritated because it's cold out and I'm holding things akwardly. I get on and then I'm fine but I watch as she gets up as the bus is moving to ask the driver something and is losing her balance and being thrown around. She sits down and I think ok, all is well now, but then she gets up again and I am wondering what's so important that she has to be 4 inches from the driver's face to ask a question. (I talk to him all the time from one of the seats and he can hear me ok.) It turns out she's asking what station the radio's on. Oy. OK, I'm still on the bus typing this and she's standing again. SIT DOWN! Good grief, lady.

Updates if anything happens.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Here's hoping that she face planted while walking around in a moving vehicle.

Also hoping that she doesn't fall on someone else and hurts them instead.

One of the most amusing moments I had in downtown, where traffic is heavy and stoplights are slow, was watching someone walk into a car.

The texting idiot was standing about 100 feet from a cross walk and texting. He was kinda looking around like he wanted to jaywalk, but still mostly paying attention to his phone. This was making drivers nervous because they didn't know if he was going to step out in front of them. Red light happened.

That was when the idiot decided that he should cross the street. HOWEVER, he was still so busy looking at his phone that he walked right into the side of a car. LOUD BANG!!! Dent in the back door from (I think) his knee, blood on the window from his nose and screaming about getting run over and dropping his phone.

3 or 4 of us witnesses jumped out of our cars and stayed with the poor driver until the police showed up. The nice cops didn't seem to care much about idiot's phone being scratched up after hearing our stories.

I left before the end of the story, but I sure do hope that idiot had to pay for the damage to the car.

Comment

Working...
    X