Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a very fast car coming up behind me. Let me just change lanes to get out of your way... oh, you're changing lanes too? Back to my original lane; I don't want to get rear-ended. You're going awfully fast; well over 100 mph at a guess. Even with my speed at 70+, that would be a bad accident. Whoosh! Goodbye.

Oh look, an idiot on a motorcycle going as fast as you. Whoosh! So long, idiot.

What this? Flashing red-and-blue lights in my rearview mirror? Two sets, no less. Going rather slower than the idiots, though. Good luck, officers.

Wait... They're pulling over... joining two others already present... and have their spotlights on the drainage ditch next to the highway? No skidmarks, no obvious wreckage... wait... One of them is driving into the ditch?! And... a firetruck going down the exit ramp with their spotlights on, checking both sides of the road.

That was the end of my Friday night. I kinda wish I'd stuck around to find out WTF was happening.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

• To the parent of the year on the motorbike,

You are fucking scum. A complete waste of oxygen. You don't want to wear safety gear beyond a helmet, fine. You can be the walking, talking organ donor.

But to put a CHILD on the back of your bike in a t-shirt, shorts and motherfucking THONGS? You are so low the earthworms are looking down on you. Yeah, the kid had a helmet but that won't stop all their skin being peeled off in an accident. It won't stop them losing toes or fingers or limbs. It won't stop them from becoming an organ donor too.

So yep, I followed you. Yep, I was on the phone to the cops the whole time. Yep, I was still following you when the cops caught up to you. I was the one that pulled over just behind the cops when you eventually realised that they were after you. I was the one that you threatened in front of the highway cops. I was the one that distracted your kid while they handcuffed you and I was the one still distracting them while we waited for you ex to come get your child.

I will also be the one that your ex calls if she needs my help to change it so you only get court supervised visits from now on. (Police said that my witness statement, the charges and other evidence would likely be more than enough to get it changed.)

Pieces of shit like you make it harder for law abiding riders. But I really hope you enjoy walking everywhere for the next 2 years or more. Riding on a suspended licence also fucks over your car licence. Or were you too fucking stupid to know that?

Sincerely a daughter of a law abiding motorbike rider.

(This happened last week, but I was too angry to write it out at the time. I'm still pissed at this fuckwit.
      The little girl was only 8 years old and was really shaken up. It was the first time she had been on her dad's bike and never wants to go on one again. This was also on a major highway where the speed limit is 100km. The little girl was frozen, even though it was a nice day, from having no wind protection. It's a good thing I have a fleece blanket in my car because she spent the time waiting for her mum and a second cop car wrapped up in it in my back seat. )
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Blue Ginger, thank you for being a decent human being. That could have been a complete tragedy.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Props to Blue Ginger for not being afraid to call out that asshole like it was.

ETA: I also hate it whenever I see someone on a motorbike or scooter who is not wearing proper padding. Yes, I get it's hot as shit, but unless you want to donate your skin or limbs to the road, WEAR THE PROPER PADDING!

Comment

• I will always call the cops on fucknuts like this guy. It pisses me off when the rider doesn't have the right gear on, but I figure we need more organ donors. I will call the cops if they are riding dangerously, but not if they are riding normally. (I would never get off the phone otherwise.)

But to put a child at risk is just wrong. Scary thing is, that wasn't the first time I had to call the cops because of 'parents of the year'. Last time I wasn't able to keep up because they were speeding and splitting lanes. I did stay on the phone until the 000 person told me that the police had caught up with them though. That child had runners, trackies and a t-shirt plus helmet.

I was eight the first time I was allowed on dad's bike. I had proper leather shoes, jeans, leather jacket, motorbike gloves and helmet. And dad was only taking me for a few loops around our court of 14 houses. Didn't get to go for longer than a few streets until I was 10, then 1 more year until I was allowed to be on a highway. This was the rules for all of us kids and mum was stricter on our cousins, because they were on the back less frequently. When Draggin jeans became a thing, my sister and I got a pair to share and my brother got his own. (We were on the bike only a few times a year, brother was at least once a month.)

A few years ago, I had a guy try to hit on me at a servo while he was filling up his bike. (I was admiring the pretty blue and black flames and he saw me looking.) He was wearing runners, trackies, t-shirt and helmet. No gloves or jacket. Kept asking if I wanted to go for a ride. Ended up telling him exactly what his was lacking that made me not want to go with him. Started at his feet and worked my way up listing all the gear that his was missing. I ended up with his brain because it had to be missing if he thought trackies were good enough.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

• Hmm. I remember riding with my dad when I was about four. I had on a T-shirt, shorts, and a football helmet. I don't think we ever got on the highway, but we did ride around looking at the burned-out areas of the Oakland hills.

I remember burning my leg on the exhaust pipe (not seriously, not even blisters), and something small hitting that same leg later (pebble or bug or ??). And then, being four, thinking that we were going slowly enough when we got back home to jump off the back of the bike. Spoiler: I wound up on my butt, but uninjured. We were going slowly, but not slowly enough for that!!

I'm not sure Mom ever allowed me back on the bike again. Heh, and that's probably the same reason she won't allow her 50+ year old son to get a motorbike to this date....
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Oddly enough, I grew up on the back of two motorcycles, his and hers. It was cheap transport back then, and I took to it like anything else. Apparently, I was comfortable enough back there to fall asleep. Scared Mom the first couple times, but since I never relaxed my grip and stayed in place... just roll with it.
                At the time, the safety gear available was hideously expensive, so it was helmet, windbreaker jacket (better than leather that will GRIP the road and likely break the wearer), usually pants, and SHOES. (Seriously, F! flip-flops on a bike)
                Now as to where and how the rides went... No races, no suicidal stunts or voluntarily risky moves. After all, money is tight enough without needing to take time off to heal up, and hospital trips just aren't happening. Oh yeah, and we're not that into freakin PAIN.

Some of this would be considered 'child endangerment' by today's standards. Personally, I can see they were doing the best with what was available, and can't see any actual fault with any of it.
                Fear of bikes? Pffft. Fear of bikers? Really don't want to squash one. Fear of cars and their drivers? Oh hells yes, even when I'm in a car myself.

Comment

• Small parking lot, diagonal spaces. I can't see past a truck so I creep slowly and get maybe six inches before HONK HONK and whoosh, a car zips past. Um, okay asshole, I was not doing anything wrong. You were the one going way too fast when clearly the lot is very full and cramped with no visibility.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Here in my AO we had a National Bicycle riding championship races. Several road were closed for part of Friday and today. There were many folks really POed about that. An elderly neighbor threatened to go out run down some of them. Thankfully he bark is all that he has as his wife also hid he car keys.
                    On a slight side note today's race came right by youngest sister's house. It was fun to watch the crowd when the racers come by.
                    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                      To the parent of the year on the motorbike,
                      I will also be the one that your ex calls if she needs my help to change it so you only get court supervised visits from now on. (Police said that my witness statement, the charges and other evidence would likely be more than enough to get it changed.)
                      I've heard from the Highway cop a few times since this happened.

I'll give you three guess you lost all visitation because he is currently sitting in a cell on remand? I'm sure you only need 1 though.

The ex went to court to get supervised visits. Judge wanted to go through the paperwork and put decision on hold for a week. Dumbass still got to see his little girl but only at his parents house, not on his own. Well this was not good enough and he made a number of threats against his ex ON TEXT MESSAGE.

So police went to talk to him and guess who opened the door holding an illegal firearm? Go on, 3 guesses. Dumbass parent of the year is not likely to be out anytime soon.

He has also made threats (while in court) to 'kick that bitches head in' regarding me. Except that I had already insisted that I remain a confidential witness. (If I need to appear in court for anything it will be done via conference in another room. Not my first rodeo unfortunately. )

The mum has asked if she can send me flowers or something. But I've told the cop that I don't want her to have any of my contact info and she can spend the money on her daughter instead. Lovely thought, but I take paranoid to the next level.

Comment

• Not that I need to add to paranoia, but her having your info is a possible leak to HIM, should he go rooting through things. Yeah, 'nope' be the right answer.
                        Making threats while in court. The only thing dumber is to actually attack someone while in court. (A buddy of mine has the ex & family from hell. Full-on tackled from behind while leaving the courtroom, in full sight of judge and extra bailiffs)

Comment

• Exactly why I'm not letting them give her my info. My name is really distinctive. It would be way too easy to track my family down and then me.

(Been reading way too much JustNoMIL on reddit lately. Has made me realise how easy it was to deal with my stalker years ago. Really should write that up at some point. )

Comment

• I was getting annoyed in traffic the other day (as I'm wont to do) and found myself slipping into a Randy Savage voice as I started complaining to no one about the traffic. So, wrestling fan that I am, I started cutting a wrestling-style promo as Randy Savage...

"You're gettin' by drivin' in the slow lane of the superhighways of life, but guys like me, yeah, I'm ridin' in the express lane headin' all the way up to the top of the mountain!!"

Then it occurred to me that doing a Macho Man impersonation talking about driving fast in cars is probably in bad taste...
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Dear twerp I encountered on my way back from picking up pizza: when you are driving across a divided road, the idea is to stop at the exit from the road you're coming out of, wait for both directions to be clear, then cross in one go. You should not sail straight out of the side road and stop just before the divider, blocking one and a half lanes of traffic!

If I hadn't been paying attention I would have gone right into your right rear wheel, you asshat. Hooray for reasonable reflexes and good brakes.

Comment

• Blue Ginger: As a friend of mine once said, "It's not paranoia if I'm right."

You are 110% correct in making damn sure nobody from that group gets ANY of your info! O_O
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X